Shot the WSM over the weekend

MUP

Shot the WSM over the weekend

Post by MUP »

Man I love that thing! After I finally got on paper, I put 3 shots touching! I do believe I got the steal of the century on that gun!

Now,last eve, I've been working on getting the rings and bases set on the 300WinMag. After making a scope alignment tool set at work, and a lapping bar, I went home last night to get to work. Got them aligned the best I could, but still couldn't get the dowel to slide thru the bars set in the rings, so I broke out the lapping bar, and in just a few strokes, had that dowel sliding nicely thru both sides! Hope to take it out this weekend and see what she'll do now after getting some glass on top!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Re: Shot the WSM over the weekend

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Awesome!
I love shooting my WSM to.
Whole lot a pop in a small package.
I've got to get another scope on mine. I've got a 9 but wanting 12 or bigger.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
MUP

Post by MUP »

After I got home, and was wiping everything down, I noticed some drag marks on the scope tube. Checked the screws and they were only about finger tight! What I get for not checking something after buying I guess. Anyway, I checked and realigned, then re-tightened. Gonna take it out again this weekend hopefully and try to dial it in for a zero poi now.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

I'm going to put a Nikon ProStaff 3.5x14x40 on this one. I can't wait to try some of that long distance shooting. I've never shot over 100 yds before. :D
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

I'm wanting a Nikon myself

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear