New hunting rifle in 6.5 Grendel

Smokyrider
10 Point

New hunting rifle in 6.5 Grendel

Post by Smokyrider »

Just finished building my new hunting rifle, chambered in 6.5 Grendel, a MHR (modern hunting rifle). super
Got to get it sighted in still, maybe I'll get a chance to use it this season.
leader
Site Admin

Re: New hunting rifle in 6.5 Grendel

Post by leader »

Smokyrider wrote:Just finished building my new hunting rifle, chambered in 6.5 Grendel, a MHR (modern hunting rifle). super
Sweet, what scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

The scope is an Athlon Argos 6-24X50 MOA, it's on there temporarily, gonna move it to my .338 winmag when I get enough money to buy an Athlon Ares 4.5-27X50 MOA.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Not familiar with those, good glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

For FFP they are pretty good, Argos is on the low end of the their line, I also picked up a Helos which is higher up the line for quality. These are Chinese glass but are pretty good, I believe that the Ares is Japanese glass and right below their top scope, the Cronus.
The Helos competes with the Vortex viper PST and the Cronus competes with the Vortex Razor.
They have a lifetime warranty like Vortex as well.
Here is a discussion about them that I found.
https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/a ... r.6771204/
MUP

Post by MUP »

Just now seeing this Smoky, dang nice looking rig! Have you got to try it out yet? Range or hunting?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

MUP wrote:Just now seeing this Smoky, dang nice looking rig! Have you got to try it out yet? Range or hunting?
Not yet, just bought a Larue LT204 scope mount (Christmas sale price) to replace the Aero I have now, will get it sighted once that comes in.
Hope this will be my go to rifle for hunting from here on out, should be good for yotes to deer to bear to antelope.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Post up some target pics when you get it going!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Smokyrider wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:56 pm Just finished building my new hunting rifle, chambered in 6.5 Grendel, a MHR (modern hunting rifle). super
VERY NICE! I built one in 2020 and absolutely LOVE IT! It is my favorite rifle to shoot! I killed the 10-pt over there in my profile with it ---------------------> and ☝
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

I have sold that one off and now have replaced it with a 6.5 Grendel 12" SBR for deer hunting, also have a 16" Grendel with a thermal scope for night hunting and a Rugr American predator in 6.5 Grendel.
It's an awesome hunting round for anything in TN, hope you get alot of use out of yours this year.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Smokyrider wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:05 pm I have sold that one off and now have replaced it with a 6.5 Grendel 12" SBR for deer hunting, also have a 16" Grendel with a thermal scope for night hunting and a Rugr American predator in 6.5 Grendel.
It's an awesome hunting round for anything in TN, hope you get alot of use out of yours this year.
I will have to post a pic of mine later.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
MUP

Post by MUP »

😎