Finally...

MUP

Finally...

Post by MUP »

Took the CVA Kod Mag out and, with the new to me Redfield Illuminator scope on(thanks Wild Bill!), set in to sightin' in. I was chasing it all over paper for a few shots, then realized that it needed to catch up. Once I shot for group, it did ok. I think I'm good out to 100 now. Went back to Pyrodex from that Blackhorn stuff, and never had a hang/misfire this session. I feel a lot better about hitting the woods with it now. The lower right shots were after I had shot 5 times on another paper, then switched to a new sheet. First one far right and low, then a slight adj that didn't take like I wanted, then I decided to just shoot for group. That's when the adj took I reckon. 3 in the black, as good as I can do I reckon.
Attachments
20151011_162934.jpeg
20151011_162934.jpeg (936.86 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Re: Finally...

Post by Wild Bill »

Just remember MUP hot barrels and sabots don't mix. If you shoot much a cooling rod and a bag of ice will really help.
MUP

Re: Finally...

Post by MUP »

Those last three shots were with a warm barrel Bill. I let it cool down somewhat, but it was still not cold. I'm hoping that a first shot will be good to go. I may go out a day or so before season opens and fire one off, b/c I need to foul the barrel anyway on this gun.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.