Think I'm going...

MUP

Think I'm going...

Post by MUP »

To shoot the ol smokepole today. Need to check zero, and just get some down time, ie boom time. :)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Re: Think I'm going...

Post by MUP »

I did go, but couldn't find some of my stuff. Packed away, somewhere, was my T starter, jag extension, and a couple of speed loaders and 209 primer holders. Anyway, wo the jag ext I couldn't swab the barrel between shots as usual. The ended up with 1st shot 1-1/2" right of the bullseye, 2nd shot dead on, 3rd shot 3" right, and 4th shot was about 6" right and 1" high. I'm hoping it was bc I wasn't swabbing between shots, as this was the only thing that was different from my regular routine. Anyway, after searching all week, finally found my stuff, so hope to go out again today for another round.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Good luck to you. I usually find my misplaced stuff in the last place I look and that's exactly where I left it too. Be sure to check all the screws on the scope. I had two screws on a strap 3/4 to 1 full turn loose and I was all over the target until I tightened them. This reminds me I gotta go buy some more 240xtp. I used all mine chasing my loose scope.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

They didnt have the 240g mag when I looked last nite,240g hunter,think the jacket is thinner ,Glad you mentioned misplaced stuff,forgot bought a range rod on clearance last year and seen it on top of the gun cabinet... yesterday :o
MUP

Post by MUP »

Well I went and shot a few more today. 5 shots within 5 in, crappy shooting. Not sure what's going on. Scope is tight. I swabbed between shots and, after the first clean barrel shot, held 3" group of 4 shots. I may need to re-develop my powder load after the same one for years.