The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

MUP

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Post by MUP »

Looks like the rain is going to be outta here early Sat morning, hopefully anyway. I'm planning on being out there, somewhere. Also hope to have my daughter along. She has a chance to do something I've only done twice before, and that's take a buck with a ML and her rifle. :)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
huntinkev
10 Point

Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Post by huntinkev »

two thumbs I'm ready! I have had my stuff basically ready for a week. I've been busy refinishing a chair for my daughter which she needs this weekend for pictures or something. So, I haven't had time to actually get everything packed and loaded. My plan was to leave work about 2 today with truck loaded and head to Jackson County. I worked on her chair the last 2 nights, last night was about 10:30 and the night before was 11:30 which didn't leave me time to go through my things. Now my plan has been altered a little. I want to check her chair out and maybe put one more coat of stain on her chair today and a coat of poly. So I'll probably be leaving 3:30 in the morning.

Either way, Lord willing, I'll be in the woods at first light in the morning! .happy. super
MUP

Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Post by MUP »

Well, after looking at the weather online virtually all day, the rain looks to maybe still be in the area here till mid morning. I will probably just go it alone for the morning hunt, then hopefully take her with me for the eve. Either way, it's ML season and I'm stoked! super
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.