Which scope?

Scopes, Binoculars, Cameras
tn_droptine
Button

Which scope?

Post by tn_droptine »

So I just bought a new rifle yesterday, a lam/SS Mossberg 4x4 in 7mm08, what should I go with scope wise? I've got quite a few Leupolds on some of my other rigs but I may go for something different this time. I do like the reviews of the Zeiss Conquests, really looking to stay under $500-600, so what say ye?

The Nikons any good? Been thinking of picking one of those up.
TNHunter's long-range sniper, shooting out posts from across the big pond
dmonty210
Button

Re: Which scope?

Post by dmonty210 »

I have been using Nikon's going on 10 yrs now and really like mine. Bought a Minox this year to try something new and have been disappointed so far, wish I had of stuck with Nikon on that rifle also.Never owned a Zeiss just couldn't spend the cash for one.
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

The problem with having a budget of $600 for a scope is that you could spend $650 and move up into the next class of optics. For $650 you could get a fully warrantied demo unit Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42, which is a scope that runs almost $900 new. That's what I'm going to do for my next scope purchase.

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/zeis ... d5_2-10x42

The Conquest HD5 is essentially a new and improved version of the older Conquest MC that was so popular. The Conquest HD5 has great reviews and the 5x magnification range on the 2-10x42 makes it fantastic for Tennessee hunting where you might want 2x power for up-close thicket hunting or 10x power for open field hunting.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

I am with CD on this one Zeiss all the way.
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

I think I paid 150 for my Nikon buckmaster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Charlie
6 Point

Post by Charlie »

jos3ywales wrote:I paid less than $100 for all three of my prostaff's on Ebay lifetime warranty
I like to run up on some deals like that every now and then

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

Ebay can yield some great deals. I bought some old hand carved decoys for pennies on the dollar. My buddy talked me out of them for more than I paid

Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

My old lady spent my continent fun...aka gun fund

scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

The Redfield Revolution line scopes are an awesome value for the money. For a 4-12x40 with hold over points to 500 yards, the cost is only $259.00 . They are very durable, track well, have a lifetime warranty, and are very reliable. I have eight of them and have never had a single problem. They are on mostly high recoil rifles and muzzleloaders. 458WM, 300WM, 45-70, etc.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

I like Leupold and Nikon.
VladBt
Button

Post by VladBt »

Hi! I recommend atn x-sight II hd 3-14x (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). I picked up this scope a year ago and actively use it for hunting.
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

VladBt wrote:Hi! I recommend atn x-sight II hd 3-14x (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). I picked up this scope a year ago and actively use it for hunting.
Must be a great scope if it compelled you to join a forum and post on a 3-1/2 year old thread. Welcome!
Coldfusion
Spike

Post by Coldfusion »

sdw wrote:
VladBt wrote:Hi! I recommend atn x-sight II hd 3-14x (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). I picked up this scope a year ago and actively use it for hunting.
Must be a great scope if it compelled you to join a forum and post on a 3-1/2 year old thread. Welcome!
Lol lol lol lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk