Did you know?

Scopes, Binoculars, Cameras
MUP

Did you know?

Post by MUP »

That Pentax has lifetime warranties on their scopes as well. Whether Lightseeker, or Gameseeker, they both have the lifetime warranty. The LS is a high end scope, while the GS is the low end model(of which I have one of course :D ). I had it on my ML and this past season, as I was pulling my ML up to the stand, the pull rope broke. The ML was unhurt, as it landed squarely on the butt stock, but I'm afraid the scope was affected somehow. I can't hold zero with it now, so, I'm sending it back under the lifetime warranty agreement. I'll check back and let ya'll know how it goes.

Oh, fwiw, it was performing great until I messed up and dropped it. Clear and crisp, and has an IR as well. Hey, cheap works for me, if it works well. :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Inkstainz
8 Point

Re: Did you know?

Post by Inkstainz »

Cheap and good are great qualities

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

Scott has all the money

MUP

Post by MUP »

Inkstainz wrote:Scott has all the money

It's so obvious, isn't it? :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Sig45 wrote:Steve - I was a low end scope kinda guy until my eyes got SO bad. Eyes bad - picked up a Zeiss and walla! I could see :grin:

The low end Gameseeker was surprisingly clear Scott! I really liked it, even tho I just had it on my ML, it was doing great and I could see really well with, it at the distances I shoot with a ML anyway. I'll send it back soon and see how that goes, but sure hope they can rectify the problem, without rectal-fying me! :lol:
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

MUP wrote:
Inkstainz wrote:Scott has all the money

It's so obvious, isn't it? :D
yea it is

Bucky

Post by Bucky »

He's loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

Ok fine, but you have all the guns then

MUP

Post by MUP »

doo doo... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

I don't think I have ever looked through a scope that wasn't clear during the day. Our lease has fields where a shot can be 300+ yds. If I'm hunting one of those fields, I want a scope that will let me confidently take a shot all the way to the far side of the field at shooting light or last light. My less expensive scopes will not allow me to do that. I just can't see clearly that far with them under low light conditions. If I use my Zeiss or Sightron Big Sky, I can see so much better under those circumstances. To me, that is when a more expensive scope like a Zeiss really proves its worth.
MUP

Post by MUP »

If I ever get to hunt an open area that big I'd probably understand Steve. I'm only looking at most 100 yds for a shot where I'm at. Heck I'm just now starting to try to find a place where I can shoot past 100 . Got a 22-250 that I want to see what I can do with too. ;)
MUP

Post by MUP »

Just thought I'd update this post. Pentax has since been purchased, and been discontinued by another company, can't remember the name right off, but the only options I had were to receive a refund or to accept a plain jane 3x9x40 Pentax. Took the replacement scope, still better having a scope for the price I paid I thought.

Just checked and it's Ricoh Imaging.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I have used the ol Tasco and Bushnell scopes for as long as I can remember. They have served me well but alas as the guy with the high powered scopes said my eyes are going. I have noticed more and more in the last year or so. I have found myself having to use a magnifying glass to read instructions. Yes, over the years I have discovered it is best to read the instruction before I do what it says do not do. Plus I am night blind. Mike243 can attest to the fact that I will walk into a tree because I did not see it. Plus the Nikon scope on my new rifle has pointed out to me that I do need to up grade my old scopes. Dayum ,I hate being a 25 year old trapped in this old codgers body.

Oh ya, Glad ya got ya new scope. Can`t beat that kind of warranty.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets