New Gizmo

Scopes, Binoculars, Cameras
caretaker
10 Point

New Gizmo

Post by caretaker »

topofthefoodchain told me he bought onna them fancy smancy bore sightin gizmos. Guess we outta hook up with Mike243 and see if we can screw up the scopes on all our shootin irons. I am positive we can screw something up.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Re: New Gizmo

Post by MUP »

I used a laser boresight for my 300WinMag. While it got me near perfect l to R, it had me about 6" low at 100. I think I read somewhere that it's how it always is, but I don't understand why.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

I take my guns to Kens guns here in Lewisburg he used to always ask me how close was it last time. He would make a little note on "my" card. The last 2 he bore sighted were like 1/2 "right and 1"high. When I shot them. He was making notes on where I hit and where he put the cross hairs at and gets me dialed in pretty dang close on the first bullet. I thought it was pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

They are great for getting you close. But you'll still need to fire a couple to get it exactly where you want it.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Yea, it got him close. Tried it out on his new 45-70 and it shot low. Gonna take it to the range before long.

M.T. Pockets
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

caretaker wrote:Yea, it got him close. Tried it out on his new 45-70 and it shot low. Gonna take it to the range before long.
how did he like the 45-70? I still want one real bad! Image
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

sdw wrote:
caretaker wrote:Yea, it got him close. Tried it out on his new 45-70 and it shot low. Gonna take it to the range before long.
He started out on his pappy`s ol 35 marlin until it got stolen. He has bee using a 30-30 marlin for several years. He is left handed and likes lever action rifles. So far he likes it but he will not make a final decision until it has blood on it.

M.T. Pockets
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

caretaker wrote:
sdw wrote:
He started out on his pappy`s ol 35 marlin until it got stolen. He has bee using a 30-30 marlin for several years. He is left handed and likes lever action rifles. So far he likes it but he will not make a final decision until it has blood on it.
i can understand that. I can't wait to hear the update when he finally gets some blood on it