Sad Day For Deer hunters

mike243
10 Point

Sad Day For Deer hunters

Post by mike243 »

Yes today the limit was dropped to 2 bucks.unit L gained 5 days of doe killing after the season is over for the rest of us. I for 1 am a deer hunter and this cut my time in the woods by 1/3 a lot of the time.very rarely have I killed 3 but have loved being in the woods.Trophy hunters and wanna be biologists are rejoicing at the chance to have a balanced healthier herd. All i have read over the last 20 years is that our herd was healthy and the word was we killed as much or more older deer than other states near us. Lies misconceptions or mistakes it adds up to less hunting for the hard core deer killers. I reckon I fall into that group as I try to take my limit for my family. I will not change my style,first buck by me wins a ride home,I will try to do better on the 2nd one as I always do but the xbow may come back out and I might shoot the 4 doe's they allow here if that is the limit. I normally take some with the rifles but will increase my methods to balance the reduction = same #s. I will try to take them from public area's in middle Tn as I deem they have Plenty to share :twisted:
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Sad Day For Deer hunters

Post by caretaker »

yep just got into it with a little smart a punk on facebook. I finally told him he knew more than this ol timer and left. In my humble opinion a unicorn buck is a inferior cull and should be taken out of the herd. He told me there was no such thing as a cull buck. i merely stated that the two buck limit would keep hunters from taking as many culls because they didn`t want to burn their tags. I also stated that the two buck limit was being forced on unit b hunters by unit L hunters that could take as many doe in two days as I could bucks and doe in an entire season because I do not bow hunt. I was told I needed to get a bow. I was also told to hunt unit L. I hope those guys don`t get too upset when I start hunting on their property from their stands. I just don`t like things being taken away from me without a good reason. I am looking forward to this season especially if the other land comes through. I was going to buy a new shot gun but just might buy a new x bow instead.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Looks like we all may have to head west during the late season. I hate to but starting in 2016 I probably won't renew my sportsman license. I'm probably going to give up archery season because I'd much rather hunt Muzzle loader and rifle. I have one farm I can hunt and doe killing is not permitted by the landowners. This really sucks. I don't own a boat so hunting the lake is not an option for me to kill does. This is really depressing. We've got at least 5 years of it

"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

well I plan on going middle to west opening week of muzzle loader if I can afford it,just got word my vacation was approved.I just bought a f150 super crew cab and plan to stock it with my buddys and go kill a bunch of button heads :twisted: . Only thing is finding a place to get my buddys into with out a lot of walking. most of them are old and beat up like me :lol: .
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I still ain`t a liking it but it be what it be. Mike if you want to hunt in unit L we can do so. As of today I am pushing myself to get to where I can walk the woods. I will be doing a lot of walking and building up my stamina. I am going to hunt and enjoy myself this season. I only got to hunt two days last season.

M.T. Pockets
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

Dont hurt your self pushing to hard.we will hunt where we are able to get to.
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

All good things eventually come to an end. The commission had it'smind made up long before the vote. That is why no one attended. The commission is made up of mostly wealthy arrogant people that will talk to you like you are a bum asking for a quarter. I had the opportunity to make them look stupid and I did. Won that battle because they didn't have the info they needed. This time, there were even people from Texas orchestrating an offensive who do not live in TN OR PAY TN TAXES.
I know for sure that I will kill every doe that crosses my path in unit L. I will help them out. It will look like a deer hunter convoy going west on Friday before ml opening day. We brought 3 home last year the first week of ml. I passed on probably 6. Looks like I need a second huge cooler for the extra meat.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

scat wrote:All good things eventually come to an end. The commission had it'smind made up long before the vote. That is why no one attended. The commission is made up of mostly wealthy arrogant people that will talk to you like you are a bum asking for a quarter. I had the opportunity to make them look stupid and I did. Won that battle because they didn't have the info they needed. This time, there were even people from Texas orchestrating an offensive who do not live in TN OR PAY TN TAXES.
I know for sure that I will kill every doe that crosses my path in unit L. I will help them out. It will look like a deer hunter convoy going west on Friday before ml opening day. We brought 3 home last year the first week of ml. I passed on probably 6. Looks like I need a second huge cooler for the extra meat.
I'd like to have a stand next to the guy that is from Texas and shoot everything that came by.Image

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

WG Taxidermist wrote:
scat wrote:All good things eventually come to an end. The commission had it'smind made up long before the vote. That is why no one attended. The commission is made up of mostly wealthy arrogant people that will talk to you like you are a bum asking for a quarter. I had the opportunity to make them look stupid and I did. Won that battle because they didn't have the info they needed. This time, there were even people from Texas orchestrating an offensive who do not live in TN OR PAY TN TAXES.
I'd like to have a stand next to the guy that is from Texas and shoot everything that came by.Image

Make that 2 stands one for me!
His name suits him. He is a rodent. Rodents need exterminating. Image

Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Sounds like fun Scat!
I too plan on migrating to public land with intentions of getting my hands bloody a lot.

WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Tennessee Lead wrote:
Sounds like fun Scat!
I too plan on migrating to public land with intentions of getting my hands bloody a lot.

Count me in!!!!

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
MUP

Post by MUP »

WG Taxidermist wrote:

The vermint you refer to has a lease just down the road from my property. I seem to be able to kill mature bucks, nice scoring ones too, (if I don't miss, or squib load my ML thst is!) :shock: so don't know what his hangup is that he can't. He's a mod here so maybe he'll chime in and educate me as to why and how. As I've said before, I may average 1 buck per season if I'm fortunate, and the drop in the limit doesn't affect me in most years, but on those rare seasons, when things are going great, and I'm fortunate enough to take two bucks, my season will be all but over, except for the recently implemented 1 doe in one week tag in Dec for my county in unit A.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

honestly it probably wont affect how many deer I kill but it will cut my time down 1/3 due to not being able to look for the 3rd buck. Having the chance to kill the 3rd 1 means as much as killing it. I have a lot of $ tied up into all kinds of hunting and I know most others do to. Squirrel season may start after I get a limit. If I mess up somebody's deer hunt don't blame me blame the commission :twisted:
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Me either as far as actual harvest. If I buck out early I might go over to Unit L and hunt Lions and Tigers and Bears and maybe even a Scarecrow and Tin man as loudly as I can. Or maybe I`ll join Bird Watchers and and Dog Walkers.

I will be training my dogs to look for birds and Lions and Tigers and Bears and Tinmen and Scarecrows as loudly as I can as we romp through your hunting. My dogs will be on leash and wearing orange.

M.T. Pockets
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

Now the Unit L hunters are complaining about ET'ers coming out there to hunt. Sounds like someone doesn't like a little "loss of opportunity". Gotta be careful what you ask for. Like I said before, "What goes around comes around" . I will hunt the same way I always have in units A & B, but I will gladly assist unit L with some antlerless reductions. I will go on about my business but I don't have to let grudges go or forgive anyone for the selfish things they have done.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

scat wrote:Now the Unit L hunters are complaining about ET'ers coming out there to hunt. Sounds like someone doesn't like a little "loss of opportunity". Gotta be careful what you ask for. Like I said before, "What goes around comes around" . I will hunt the same way I always have in units A & B, but I will gladly assist unit L with some antlerless reductions. I will go on about my business but I don't have to let grudges go or forgive anyone for the selfish things they have done.
I'm in unit L but as far as I'm concerned you can come shoot all you want. I'm still pissed off about the whole thing and twra will not get another dime from me!

Theodore Roosevelt
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

I sent some emails to the commissioners and as expected I got no reply. Maybe we can all find a wma in unit L and go invade it one weekend. LOL
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Wild Bill wrote:I sent some emails to the commissioners and as expected I got no reply. Maybe we can all find a wma in unit L and go invade it one weekend. LOL
I could go for that.

mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

no weekend but opening of muzzle loader week lol, local on the weekend and head towards middle Tn Monday am early,hope to be in some woods early after noon :D
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I will do my best to make sure that the anterless deer I take over in Unit L are button bucks. I will have field glasses and look before I shoot. Gotta get them lil ones outta the way so the big ones can get bigger.

M.T. Pockets