Remington Primers

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
MUP

Remington Primers

Post by MUP »

Dang, I'm having a time with these Rem LR primers! I went out to shoot yesterday and had 3 ftf's in 9 attempted shots! I'm pretty sure I'm getting a good strike from the firing pin, good deep indents. I believe I have a bad batch. Going to try to fire them in another rifle, then try some CCI's first, before I contact Remington.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Re: Remington Primers

Post by MUP »

Well,I loaded up 21 rounds this afternoon and headed out to my little practice range. 21 loaded rounds and 21 holes in paper! These rounds were loaded with cci's, so I'm thinking it's the Remington bench rest primers that are failing.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I would contact Remington. I used some old Remington primers a couple years ago. Out of 1000 I think I had 3 failures. No telling how old they were or how they were stored. New primers stored properly should be 100%

Big or small, kill em all
MUP

Post by MUP »

These are less than a couple years old, and have been stored in my humidity controlled safe. I wonder if Remington will make it right?
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

They should. But I've not dealt with their CS

Big or small, kill em all
MUP

Post by MUP »

Called Remington CS and spoke with a gentleman about the issue. He took my info and said he would forward it to the ammo division, also said it could take up to two weeks for them to get back to me. Doesn't sound like they're very interested in keeping a loyal customer happy to me. He also told me that they would (when/if they do get back to me) likely want the empty box that the primers came in, and some of the dud ammo, still assembled, to check. I have all this waiting, just need the sase to mail it all back to them now. Hate giving up my brass and bullets tho, so better be worth it.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Nothing yet...
MUP

Post by MUP »

Kinda worked out that I was home this morning bc Remington called. Sending me a sase to send them the dead primered ammo that I attempted to load and shoot. Hope they make it right, but I really don't want to chance using Remington primers anymore I don't think.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Just rec'd the sase and related packaging. Sending the dud primers, still loaded, back to them for study. Here's hoping they make it right.