Roe deer in Scotland!

Diehard
10 Point

Roe deer in Scotland!

Post by Diehard »

My in laws love Scotland, even though they don't have a drop of Scottish blood in their body. They have taken my brother in law and his family over there, my sister in law and her family over there, but they haven't taken my wife and our family. My wife finally asked them what gives? They said....we didn't think you would want to go. At that point, my wife let them have it. What they didn't know was that Scotland is the land of my ancestors. I have traced it through genealogy and even had DNA tests done. There is no doubt.

Anyway, they offered to take us over there. They are covering airfare and half of everything else. Since I don't have to pay for airfare, I decided to book my daughter, and maybe myself a deer hunt in the homeland! I did a lot of checking around and finally found a guy that is just a stalker, not an outfitter. He charges by the day. Perfect for what we are doing.

Here is the thing.....each day of hunting is cheaper than a 1/2 day of inshore fishing at the beach! He charges around $300.00 (depending on the exchange rate) per day and that includes rifle and ammunition. We don't get to keep the meat, but I wouldn't have a way to get it back anyway. We do get to keep the head. I am booking the hunt in July/August 2017. I figure two days each, and we will each be allowed three roe bucks!
Suck it up.....buttercup!
leader
Site Admin

Re: Roe deer in Scotland!

Post by leader »

Scotland is awesome and it's cool seeing the deer roam the hillsides....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
Deerbuster
10 Point

Post by Deerbuster »

Sounds like a fun time.
GO LSU
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

Deerbuster wrote:Sounds like a fun time.
X2
farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

Sounds like the makings of an awesome trip! I'm excited for you!
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Post by AllOutdoors »

Sounds like a great trip and an awesome opportunity! Congrats!
farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

Three buck limit, huh? Good to know the two-buckers haven't infiltrated the SWRC. :D
Diehard
10 Point

Post by Diehard »

Well, I am booked! July 28 and 29, 2017! Two days of roe deer "stalking" with a licensed stalker, rental of a rifle with a suppressor and ammunition. My daughter will have first the first day (second day too if she needs it) to kill a couple. I will be the shooter on the second day. He says we can kill up to 3 per day depending on what estate we are hunting. Grand total......less than what a full day of inshore fishing would cost on the gulf coast!

I am a tad bit wound up about it!
Suck it up.....buttercup!
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

That sounds like an awesome trip!!! Can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics!!
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε

BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

Wow so awesome! And so great you get to do that with your daughter! Yall are about to make some great memories!
Steward.of.HIS.Land
7mminatree
8 Point

Post by 7mminatree »

Cool, hope you all can tag a big stag. I have an uncle that lives on the Isle of Islay. He used to run a distillery, now retired. But I remember seeing lots of deer when we visited years ago. I was able to spend a couple of weeks in Scotland and Ireland. Mostly at my moms home place in County Mayo Ireland. Breath taking scenery. Hope you get to tour some of the fabulous castles also.