BSK or others

gatodoc
Button

BSK or others

Post by gatodoc »

This is a post I made on TN Deer...Am I right that I probably had a buck peeing under my stand?

"I got my last deer of the year this morning in South Alabama....It was a 120# spike that I normally wouldn't shoot but the property manager said to shoot any spikes with deformed horns and this one fit. Apparently, they've got some genetics problems there.

Hunted all week and saw a bunch of deer. Fresh scrapes everywhere, heard two bucks sparring, but the neatest most unusual thing occurred yesterday,

I was in an elevated shooting house at the edge of a large food plot. I could see a deer just off the edge at the far end (160 yards) in some brush. I couldn't see its head clearly and the brush made a clean shot iffy. I tried to grunt it out. After 15 minutes or so, I heard something moving in the bushes behind the blind. Then I heard a sound that was kind of like a doe blowing but different. Then the distinct sound of liquid hitting the ground right under the blind. I'm sure it was a buck urinating under my stand. I couldn't see directly under me, so I stayed still and quiet hoping he'd come out the front. No show, but what an experience. I don't know whether to feel insulted or amazed. Guess I'll just feel blessed.

This morning I heard a buck grunt in the bushes to the right of the stand on the same trail I'd used to enter. After I shot the spike, I investigated and there was a fresh scrape right where I'd walked in.

I had to leave at noon or would've stayed longer. Two of my friends who live down there got an 8 and a big 6 across the road from the property I was hunting. They were definitely rutting big time there."
gatodoc
6 Point

gatodoc
Button

Re: BSK or others

Post by gatodoc »

Thanks to some input from some more experienced hunters, I think I know what happened. Apparently, my buck grunt called in another buck ready to fight for territory. The sound I heard might have been a snort/wheez. After the buck couldn't locate his challenger, he took a piss to make his territory.

At least that's the consensus I'm coming hearing.