Almost done

sdw
10 Point

Almost done

Post by sdw »

Our season was extended until February 10th this year. I had the pleasure of taking my boss' son hunting Friday and today. He has crps/rsd. He's disabled but such a great guy! He loves the outdoors but hasn't been able to do much since he has been disabled by rsd from a back surgery. He was able to see a deer yesterday but didn't take a shot. I had one of the best weekends ever hunting with this young man! What a blessing to end the season with such a determined outdoorsman! If you have the opportunity, take someone hunting!
sdw
10 Point

Re: Almost done

Post by sdw »

We saw 2 doe this weekend and 4 possums. Here's a pic I snapped of a possum when I was walking out at dark.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Glad yall had a good weekend hunting! I hope things work out a little better next season so I can come down and hunt with you.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

WG Taxidermist wrote:Glad yall had a good weekend hunting! I hope things work out a little better next season so I can come down and hunt with you.

I hope so too buddy! Would love to have you down!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

sdw wrote:
WG Taxidermist wrote:Glad yall had a good weekend hunting! I hope things work out a little better next season so I can come down and hunt with you.

Ill get down there! My wife couldn't believe I worked instead of going down there. Lol! When your in charge of making sure things get done at work its hard to leave when you have things not ready to go out.

Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

WG Taxidermist wrote:
sdw wrote:

Ill get down there! My wife couldn't believe I worked instead of going down there. Lol! When your in charge of making sure things get done at work its hard to leave when you have things not ready to go out.

I understand. I had some serious issues to deal with at work yesterday but was sent away to hunt since it was the boss' son. I actually spent most of yesterday taking work related calls on my cell phone while trying to hunt. Image
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

sdw wrote:
WG Taxidermist wrote:
sdw wrote:

I understand. I had some serious issues to deal with at work yesterday but was sent away to hunt since it was the boss' son. I actually spent most of yesterday taking work related calls on my cell phone while trying to hunt. Image
Lol! Been there and done that!

Theodore Roosevelt
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

Hard to be quiet in the woods and run a business LMAO!
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

0uch! Maybe you can get in another day or two with out being on the phone. Thank you for taking a kid hunting. Disabled or not; Thank You.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

caretaker wrote:0uch! Maybe you can get in another day or two with out being on the phone. Thank you for taking a kid hunting. Disabled or not; Thank You.
Today is the last day I'll be able to hunt. It's raining off and on. But I'm about to head out for my last hunt of the season.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

May you be blessed with venison

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

sdw wrote:
caretaker wrote:0uch! Maybe you can get in another day or two with out being on the phone. Thank you for taking a kid hunting. Disabled or not; Thank You.
Today is the last day I'll be able to hunt. It's raining off and on. But I'm about to head out for my last hunt of the season.
Good luck buddy!

Theodore Roosevelt
sdw
10 Point

Post by sdw »

Spent a few hours sitting in the rain reflecting on the season and appreciating God's beautiful creation. I didn't see a deer, but I'd take this view all day every day!
MUP

Post by MUP »

Dang buddy, I just saw this thread! Awesome is the word! Here's to next season, and less work time during hunting season! ;)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.