TN-GA

MUP

TN-GA

Post by MUP »

Well, at least it's a game. The coach finally took Guarantano out and let another QB see what he could do, and voila, we have a decent offense clicking it seems. Now if we could get the defense on the right track.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
caretaker
10 Point

Re: TN-GA

Post by caretaker »

Yep, the offense has come alive. Had a couple of snafus but that is acceptable with Freshman Q.B
Sorry Mup. Tn defense is too young and not deep enuff to not get wore out by the depth and strength of Georgia's offense.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Post by MUP »

Even with this loss, I can feel good about the direction of the Vols now, finally. Guarantano was just kept in way too long imo, and even after Maurer had a couple short stints earlier in the other games, and looked good, Pruitt pulled him. Was coach trying to use that to try and spark Guarantano to do better? Possibly, but when Guarantano didn't respond, it was time to make the change, again, IMO. But I do feel much better about their chances of winning a couple more games this season now, instead of feeling like they couldn't win another one. :)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

I know the coaches,players and fans want Guarantano to excell and be the lead quarterback. Unfortunately that just is not happening. I dunno the chemestry just aint right and it even affects the defense.

Question! Why does Tn go to the pass inside the red zone? Do they not trust their offensive line and runnibg backs to put the ball in the end zone.

My thinking is inside the 10 we are gonna run over your ass. Stop us if you can. I dont like putting the ball up for grabs in a tight area.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Post by MUP »

I don't mind so much putting the ball up now that Maurer is in the QB slot, but I cringed every time Guarantano dropped back. .headslap.