Too Close For Comfort Gobbler

Who's getting after them?
David Leonard
Button

Too Close For Comfort Gobbler

Post by David Leonard »

I got to the lease late Thursday, just after daylight, but I didn't care much because it was opening day and I wasn't in a hurry. When I got to my listening spot I saw four whitetails run off down the hill, thank god they didn't blow at me. Then off to my right I saw A hen in the road and she ran back down the road toward the swamp. I thought, oh well Ill just sit down and see what happens. After a few minutes I heard one gobble behind me in the same direction the deer ran off. So I yelped a series of yelps on a cardinal wood and padauk one sider I made. He triple gobbled and another turkey gobbled off to my right. OH BOY! this is going to get good. The gobbler on my right sounded much deeper and older, His gobble was louder and harder and he is the one I wanted to kill, so that's the way I pointed my gun. After a few minutes I could tell the one on my left was getting to me quicker than the one on the right! All of A sudden I could hear drumming and normally I cant hear drumming unless there extremely close. About that time I heard him walking in the plowed dirt. I cut my eyes and we were eyeball to eyeball! he stopped for just a few seconds but kept slowly walking out in front of me and the end of my gun barrel!
I had to move my gun slightly and he gave me a perfect target by stretching his neck out and I couldn't resist, so I let him have it! At less than ten yards, it tore his head up!
He was too close for comfort!

18 1/2 pounds
7/8 spurs
9 1/2 beard

Bucky'
10 Point

Re: Too Close For Comfort Gobbler

Post by Bucky' »

That's Awesome bud. I bet he had a headache.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Niiiice!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

turkey.GIF
turkey.GIF (47.55 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
Sweet.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Coldfusion
Spike

Post by Coldfusion »

I don't believe it. It looks like this is a clear case of suicide lol. Nice job your pattern was super tight on that one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
MUP

Post by MUP »

Congrats! Dang! Looks like he was shot with a slug! :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.