Property Lines

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Property Lines

Post by WG Taxidermist »

If your not looking at putting up a fence how do you guys mark your lines so you don't lose them later on?
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Property Lines

Post by caretaker »

Pins driven in corners and along boundary line at strategic locations.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

caretaker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:32 pm Pins driven in corners and along boundary line at strategic locations.
I have the corners marked fairly well but the lines in between is what I don't want to lose.
20220114_161235.jpg
20220114_161235.jpg (339.81 KiB) Viewed 353 times
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Purple paint!
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

This^^^^^^
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

JCodd wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:52 pmPurple paint!
This.
Smokyrider
10 Point

Post by Smokyrider »

I take a knife and chop a bit of bark away on trees along the property line and hit it with some rustoleum spray paint enamel in purple, quick and easy and it lasts for years.
Tdw05
6 Point

Post by Tdw05 »

Purple paint
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

For my corners, I drive 3 five foot T posts around each corner pin. The T posts are about 18" away from the pin. I used to paint the posts with fluorescent orange paint but haven't in a long time. My lines don't have anything along them but I have very good neighbors and we all know where we start and end.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

Oil based paint lasts the longest. Drive posts in at the corners and under the limbs with flags on them.
hillbillyfab
Button

Post by hillbillyfab »

I drove 5' t post everywhere the surveyor put a pin down, when I had some property lines shot. I added orange flagging while I was there. The flagging slowly disappears but the posts are there.
hillbillyfab
Button

Post by hillbillyfab »

Double post..... .headslap.
Mattt
Button

Post by Mattt »

T posts. Have surveyor stake line of sight and drive a roost on the stake. That’s how I do it as at some point I come back and cut firebreak/road or fence. The stakes Rot away in about 2 years
MUP

Post by MUP »

JCodd wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:52 pmPurple paint!
This. I think you have a couple feet or so leeway on either side of the line to paint. But yes, paint those lines now while they're still fresh in your mind. Also as hillbilly said, flags on the limbs in between marked trees and posts.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

Whatever you decide on, getting it done before greenup will make it a lot easier.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Wiley wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:31 pm Whatever you decide on, getting it done before greenup will make it a lot easier.
Started working in it today. The local stores was out of the cheaper fence post so I decided to get 1/2" rebar and cut it into 5 foot sections and drive them in the ground about 4ft so they can't easily be pulled up. To mark them I'm going to get either some yellow gas line or red pex line to slide over them so I can find them. I have 3 inch gas line on all the corners so they are very visible.

Theodore Roosevelt
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

^^^^ That'll work!
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

In the past, for water or gas lines, I have dropped bb's on the bare ground to be detected by a metal detector at a later date.
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
MUP

Post by MUP »

My surveyor always drove nails into the ground in all 4 direction's around any corner pin or post, so if anyone removed the pin or post he could go back with a metal detector and find where he had set the marker.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

MUP wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:12 am My surveyor always drove nails into the ground in all 4 direction's around any corner pin or post, so if anyone removed the pin or post he could go back with a metal detector and find where he had set the marker.
That's not a bad idea. I could cut short rebar and do the same thing.

Theodore Roosevelt