Best trail cam?

timberjack86
6 Point

Best trail cam?

Post by timberjack86 »

What's the longest lasting trail cam out there right now? I don't want a cellular cam. Needs to last at least a year and easy on the wallet. Bears around here see them as candy.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: Best trail cam?

Post by WG Taxidermist »

All I run are Moultrie cameras. I have the cell cameras and the regular ones and they all do very well.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Ive ran cuddebacks, muddys, brownings, moultries, stealthcams, and another one or two that Im forgetting, and of them all the brownings have been the best and longest lasting. They are every bit as good as cuddebacks and they are cheaper. Ive got 2 cuddebacks that need to either go back or go in the garbage right now. Granted they are old but Ive got 2 brownings that are just as old. Customer service with browning is or at least was fantastic. I sent one back, customer service was in AL. Less than a week later I had a new camera back from them.
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

Brownings are the best ive used so far. A woodpecker or something drilled a hole in one of the sensor and its still taking pics. I have several and they are all pretty old.
MUP

Post by MUP »

I can't use expensive ones bc they'll get stolen sooner or later. I used tasco for several years with very good results, and had a couple go bad after nearly 2 years and under their 2 year warranty Bushnell replaced them. I even had one on a tree near a creek that the tree fell and the camera was under water, and still continued taking pics till I got it out!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
JCDEERMAN
Button

Post by JCDEERMAN »

Best quality for the money are the Brownings. Sure glad we don't have bears where we are. If we did and I was having problems with them, I'd probably go with Muddy cams. 4 pack for $100 when on sale at Rural King. They have surprisingly done very well for such a cheap camera.
Pioneer1789
4 Point

Post by Pioneer1789 »

I've had good luck with Covert cameras.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

Browning's have been my best so far, but again I am cheap. 😂

Also try mounting them about 8+ feet, still not 100% safe but less chance of people or bear.
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

I’ve always used Moultrie and had good pics. Real sensitive ( a lot of pics of ground cover moving) but never had one quit unless batteries give out.
Thinking about getting a cell cam to try out in one spot that’s harder to access quietly