Dang wind!

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
Wiley
10 Point

Dang wind!

Post by Wiley »

I loaded some more .223 this evening. 5 rounds each with 23.2, 23.4 and 23.6 grains of WC844. Now the weather forecast has 12mph NW wind for Saturday and Sunday. I'll probably be OK the way the woods and my berm are situated on the north side of my shooting lane. I'm facing due East when I shoot. Gonna give it a try tomorrow.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
JCodd
10 Point

Re: Dang wind!

Post by JCodd »

I’m still green, I shot today in the wind. Not too bad, the wind any way lol. My groups were very wishy washy. One minute, I had a 1.25” group, busted out a .75ish group, and then a 2” group lol. Poi going everywhere lol. It was bad
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

At least you got outside in the fresh air! That part alone is good for a feller. I worked a half day and got my week finished, then came home and took a nap. Yesterday I was a little under the weather and almost came home 2 or 3 times but I pushed on thru and finished the day. My afternoon nap today was much needed.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I enjoyed the nice weather, tomorrow I get to put down another floor lol. Glad I’ve got inside work since it’ll be cold
MUP

Post by MUP »

I was able to finally get out in the garage late and deprime some Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor cases and then toss them and some WinMag cases into my SS pin tumbler. Got them out and they're on a paper towel drying now. Hope to finish prep work and maybe load them back up for the next shoot.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

New forecast this morning has wind still out of the NW but gusting to 20+. I reckon I might do some domestic duties that I've ignored lately.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Same here, looks like a good day to put that new Blackstone to the test out in the weather! LOL
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Oh, and Jason don't underestimate the power of the wind to affect your poi. That's why I didn't shoot at all this week after work. I wanted too real bad, but I knew it would have just been an exercise in futility to try to gage my groups in this wind.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

MUP wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:12 am Oh, and Jason don't underestimate the power of the wind to affect your poi. That's why I didn't shoot at all this week after work. I wanted too real bad, but I knew it would have just been an exercise in futility to try to gage my groups in this wind.
I didn’t have wind like we did at the range that day lol. Had it been bad I woulda scrapped that plan lol.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Wind? I couldn't feel it for the cold! 🥶 😄