Fine crosshair

Scopes, Binoculars, Cameras
Longrange
6 Point

Fine crosshair

Post by Longrange »

I’m in search of a scope with a fine crosshair. Leupold used to have a fixed 6x in their competition line. I can’t find it now. Shooting 50yd .22s and I rather not put twice in the scope what the gun I’d worth. Any suggestions?
MUP

Re: Fine crosshair

Post by MUP »

I'm kinda in the market for a high power 22 scope as well. Also with a fine cross hair. I'm going to see if my Vortex diamondback tactical 26x FFP might work. I like that the cross hairs don't touch in the center and I can see where I'm actually aiming.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

MUP wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:46 pm I'm kinda in the market for a high power 22 scope as well. Also with a fine cross hair. I'm going to see if my Vortex diamondback tactical 26x FFP might work. I like that the cross hairs don't touch in the center and I can see where I'm actually aiming.
I’ve tried a target dot and even those will cover a .22 hole at 50. Weaver used to make one as well. (Fine crosshair). I guess we’re going outta style.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Longrange wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:01 pm
MUP wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:46 pm I'm kinda in the market for a high power 22 scope as well. Also with a fine cross hair. I'm going to see if my Vortex diamondback tactical 26x FFP might work. I like that the cross hairs don't touch in the center and I can see where I'm actually aiming.
I’ve tried a target dot and even those will cover a .22 hole at 50. Weaver used to make one as well. (Fine crosshair). I guess we’re going outta style.
Is a fine duplex leupold still too thick?
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:48 pm
Longrange wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:01 pm
Is a fine duplex leupold still too thick?
Really. Yes. I’ve tried that too. I may be too picky but I had a weaver fine borrowed and got use to it, till the guy bought a cooper and needed it back. The way we shoot the duplex messes with my alignment. We use the corners to align the hairs and the duplex covers too much target.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

What about a straight 36X fine crosshair leupold? Ive seen a very few of those come up for sale USED of course. ( I THINK it was 36x, could be wrong though)
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

That would work. Some shoots are limited to 6x. Others have lifted the power limit.