Rifle or Shotgun

MUP

Re: Rifle or Shotgun

Post by MUP »

It happened to me, and before it got bad they were speeding up from behind me, at least at 100+ mph, they were intercepted by a local cop who just happened to be running radar as we were coming in to my hometown. I believe they were making one last run on me to shoot as they drove past me.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

I first thought a shotgun.... I could shoot turkey loads, light dove loads and slugs for deer etc. But, then again... if i am limited to just one gun, then that must mean the shit has hit the fan. If that is the case I would go with an AR15 also and it would prob be in 6.5 grendel. I have one and LOVE IT! I could kill anything from a tree rat to a deer, hog or bear.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Im going to go with shotgun. With the many different types of shells available, seems like the logical choice. As for the home defense angle, with multiple assailants...no one said it had to be a traditional shotgun. Im not up on them, but I believe their are AK platform shotguns...even drum fed, if necessary.
With TSS being an option, it really opens up the possibilities. The guy that loads my tss turkey loads, deer hunts in NC with a shotgun. Pretty sure he said he uses #6 tss. Says its plenty effective for deer, at incredible ranges. Dont know if tss slugs are available, but if they are, Im sure car doors, etc wouldn't be much of challenge. Ive got some steel slug loads. Dont know what would be a good use for them....maybe taking out a car engine.... 😂 Point being, lots of options with a shotgun.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

caretaker wrote: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16 pm If you were restricted by finances or some other reason to just one fire arm what would it be?

Rifle

Shotgun

Pistol
Shotgun