Lapua Match brass in 223

Place to share - learn - ask information about reloading
Wiley
10 Point

Lapua Match brass in 223

Post by Wiley »

You guys ever use Match grade brass? When I found this over on Bruno Shooting Supplies it was the only Lapua they had in .223. Does Lapua even make a lesser grade in .223? My .308 Lapua is not Match grade.

Now that I found my new brass in the neighbors mailbox I'm gonna load a few today. I don't recall ever loading any match brass unless it was some Hornady several years ago. Seems like I don't like Hornady brass for whatever reason. Anyway, I now have 100 pieces of Lapua Match in .223 that I'm gonna neck size only and load a few. Probably won't get to shoot till later in the week but I'll be ready.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Jethro
10 Point

Re: Lapua Match brass in 223

Post by Jethro »

I could be way off base here, but you should probably make sure it fits in your chamber....since your aren't FL sizing first.
Wiley
10 Point

Re: Lapua Match brass in 223

Post by Wiley »

Jethro wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:30 am I could be way off base here, but you should probably make sure it fits in your chamber....since your aren't FL sizing first.
Definitely gonna check it with my case gauge and plunk test at least some.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.