Got a house full!

Who's getting after them?
Huntaholic
10 Point

Got a house full!

Post by Huntaholic »

Some of yall will know them, some wont, but Ive got a house full of YANKEES right now! .rolling. My bear guide buddy from Ontario, Hans, showed up Sunday eve, and my yankee buddy from Michigan, Britt, along with his oldest daughter, Haley, showed up today! They all picked a horrible week to come kill turkeys, but we will see what we can make happen! Sackett, Swamper, Britt would love to see you guys while hes down here!
Im going to get Britt registered on here too btw. Like me, he misses the old days and wants to be a part of this place.
ImThere
10 Point

Re: Got a house full!

Post by ImThere »

Good deal! Enjoy your time with them!
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Huntaholic wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:33 pm Some of yall will know them, some wont, but Ive got a house full of YANKEES right now! .rolling. My bear guide buddy from Ontario, Hans, showed up Sunday eve, and my yankee buddy from Michigan, Britt, along with his oldest daughter, Haley, showed up today! They all picked a horrible week to come kill turkeys, but we will see what we can make happen! Sackett, Swamper, Britt would love to see you guys while hes down here!
Im going to get Britt registered on here too btw. Like me, he misses the old days and wants to be a part of this place.
How long they going to be here??
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Swamper wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:33 am

How long they going to be here??
yea what he said????
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Hans got sand in his vagina yesterday after missing a bird 3 times and loaded up last night and left for home this morning about 630. No idea how long Britt is staying, hes self sufficient and I don't have to babysit him. Thanks for stopping by last night Swamper and longrange!
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

You should have just crashed on the couch last night Swamper and went hunting with some of us this morning! I coulda used the help! I got my ass kicked royally today!
ibhuntng
Spike

Post by ibhuntng »

Tell Britt I said hello! Hope they wear them out..
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Well that was a first! NOBODY killed a bird here all week! That has NEVER happened before! Britt usually kills the limit in as many days and I usually get Hans a limit or close to it in as many days, but this year its tag soup! Weather was HORRIBLE, I didn't get to take Hans as much as normal, and it just all around was a sucky week.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:29 pm Well that was a first! NOBODY killed a bird here all week! That has NEVER happened before! Britt usually kills the limit in as many days and I usually get Hans a limit or close to it in as many days, but this year its tag soup! Weather was HORRIBLE, I didn't get to take Hans as much as normal, and it just all around was a sucky week.
I agree on the weather. Glad to hear you say it. I was wondering if I was just getting old and grumpy because of the wind, rain, wind, more wind, HEAVY wind, more rain, cold, warm, cold, cold, MORE WIND!
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
brad_23
Button

Post by brad_23 »

I agree worst weather week to enjoy turkey hunting.. took a week vacation I wish I had back.. setup on one bird this whole week and blew it .. came in like he was supposed to and flat out missed somehow..
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

brad_23 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:26 pm I agree worst weather week to enjoy turkey hunting.. took a week vacation I wish I had back.. setup on one bird this whole week and blew it .. came in like he was supposed to and flat out missed somehow..
Pattern TOO tight? I cant really complain about hearing birds. Ive had 12 legal birds within killing distance just today before 11 AM. 4 jakes, 5 jakes, 3 longbeards. Setup was HORRIBLE on the longbeards, I had set up hoping they would come out the ridge and up a saddle to me. Instead they shut up 800 yards out and slipped up an almost sheer bluff on my right and when I saw them at 7 yards the jig was up. I picked out one when he went behind a tree, hoping he would at least periscope before busting but he didn't. They all lifted and flew straight under and away, an EASY shot, I got on one and said "NOPE, Im not doing it this way" and lowered my gun.
brad_23
Button

Post by brad_23 »

No it’s not that tight I’m shooting a .695 I don’t want a crazy amount of shot in a 10 inch Circle just a good even pattern.. I don’t know what happen I thought I had the ff3 dot center when I pulled the trigger .. only thing I can guess is I came up off the stock before the fire.. looking for a flopping bird.. sounds like you had a jam up morning.. best gobbling morning I’ve had this season but noting I could go to and play the game with..
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Huntaholic wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:50 pm Hans got sand in his vagina yesterday after missing a bird 3 times and loaded up last night and left for home this morning about 630. No idea how long Britt is staying, hes self sufficient and I don't have to babysit him. Thanks for stopping by last night Swamper and longrange!
Thanks for allowing us to crash awhile. Hate I missed Britt but I got scared with the weather coming and had to get home. Lol
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Longrange wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:14 pm
Huntaholic wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:50 pm Hans got sand in his vagina yesterday after missing a bird 3 times and loaded up last night and left for home this morning about 630. No idea how long Britt is staying, hes self sufficient and I don't have to babysit him. Thanks for stopping by last night Swamper and longrange!
Thanks for allowing us to crash awhile. Hate I missed Britt but I got scared with the weather coming and had to get home. Lol
WUSS! LOL. Did Dennis ask you WTF you were getting him into by going on a trip with us??? .rolling. I TRIED to behave, but its so BORING to be good!
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Huntaholic wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:52 pm You should have just crashed on the couch last night Swamper and went hunting with some of us this morning! I coulda used the help! I got my ass kicked royally today!
It was great to see everyone!! I sure started to turn around at the first tree over halfway across the road that I almost ran in to!! (3 of them) if I’d had my stuff I prolly would have!!!
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:18 pm
Longrange wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:14 pm
WUSS! LOL. Did Dennis ask you WTF you were getting him into by going on a trip with us??? .rolling. I TRIED to behave, but its so BORING to be good!
He’s been warned. Lol. I think he’ll be fine. He’s been in several duck camps so I figure he knows what to expect.