Bearded hens....

Who's getting after them?
Jethro
10 Point

Bearded hens....

Post by Jethro »

Shoot? Or no shoot?

Just curious what you all do? Ive never shot one.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Re: Bearded hens....

Post by Huntaholic »

OFF LIMITS! Shoot a bearded hen with me and that's your last trip with me! Call me old school, call me an asshole, whatever, I don't care, I don't condone shooting hens PERIOD. Unlike some folks, when I started turkey hunting I was hunting birds that God put there, not man. Pretty much everybody nowdays hunts turkeys that have been stocked. When I started there were no turkeys anywhere within 50 miles of me. I had to drive to Catoosa to hunt them and the Catoosa birds were stocked by God, not man. My point being, if you kill the hens you kill the future.
bullet
Spike

Post by bullet »

I think that bearded hens help make multiple bearded gobblers.
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

If it’s brown it’s down
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

I have had half a dozen chances to shoot bearded hens over the years. I just never could convince myself to do it. I even decided one year that if I saw one particular hen that had a beard i was going to shoot her. I saw her 3 days in a row and just couldn't pull the trigger on her.
Huntaholic wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:38 pm OFF LIMITS! Shoot a bearded hen with me and that's your last trip with me! Call me old school, call me an asshole, whatever, I don't care, I don't condone shooting hens PERIOD. Unlike some folks, when I started turkey hunting I was hunting birds that God put there, not man. Pretty much everybody nowdays hunts turkeys that have been stocked. When I started there were no turkeys anywhere within 50 miles of me. I had to drive to Catoosa to hunt them and the Catoosa birds were stocked by God, not man. My point being, if you kill the hens you kill the future.
You opened the door... :D I will go with asshole .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. .rolling. Couldn't resist :D :D :D It is a title you have worn with pride a few times :D Sometimes people earn the treatment ;)
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

I’d just like to see something with a beard.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Longrange wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:26 pm I’d just like to see something with a beard.
Glad I shaved last night! .rolling.
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Huntaholic wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:35 pm
Longrange wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:26 pm I’d just like to see something with a beard.
Glad I shaved last night! .rolling.
Your not right.