Anybody care to post the new regs?

Who's getting after them?
Huntaholic
10 Point

Anybody care to post the new regs?

Post by Huntaholic »

I know surely a few of yall know what they are? I heard 2 weeks shorter season, opening later and a 2 bird limit? If that's the case I may have to go back to Vietnam this spring!
Sackett
8 Point

Re: Anybody care to post the new regs?

Post by Sackett »

This is what I saw.
FB_IMG_1654313692773.jpg
FB_IMG_1654313692773.jpg (99.74 KiB) Viewed 498 times
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

It is pretty aggressive, obviously. I am not that big of a fan.
Moving season back... not a big bother but I would rather see it try one week later first.
Bag limit... I can live with 2 but i like 3 much better. I don't think enough people tag out in my neck of the woods to make a difference. I am fine with only one being a jake. I don't kill jakes but i have accidently done so before. LB goes behind something or in a dip. Red head comes up and bam!
Reaping banned... doesn't effect me.
The WMA thing... the public land I hunt is Federal, so that doesn't matter to me.
Trapping/hunting those critters that harm turkeys... I already try to do that.

So the 2 that effect me the most will be the late start and 2 bird limit. I guess I will suffer through it. I will prob be hunting KY for sure since i am only 15 min away.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Id have been fine with them just knocking 2 weeks off the front of the season, NO REASON TO EXTEND IT! The limit doesn't matter to me, if its 1 I will kill 1. If its 10, well we know how that would go too. The point is, SOMETHING has to be done. JCodd is the only person I know that says he has them by the hundreds, hates them, doesn't hunt them, but hes yet to offer up an invite for me to come help rid him of those pests.
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Might actually help me, moving the season back. I had one gobbling Friday morning. Was gobbling till I left for work.