I think it was Feb or March of 2000...

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

I think it was Feb or March of 2000...

Post by Jethro »

...I was in a different place. In my mind, my life was ruined...and it was all my fault.
I had just completed my second divorce...just a couple months prior and was in all kinds of "Im a failure" mode. My biggest dream in life was to have a daughter...and that wasn't going to happen now. I cant explain my desire for a daughter...but I had had it since I was much younger. I know....its weird. But it didnt matter now....it was over.
Through my job, I knew this older lady....she was like a mother to me. More than once, I cried on her shoulder during the divorce. As I said....I was a mess....but that was about to change. I was getting very angry. All my life, I had put others before me...now it was my turn. Screw the consequences...it was my turn to have what I wanted.
The lady who's shoulder I cried on, had a daughter. She was way out of my league. I would never be able to ask her out....I was a failure...and she was....just not something I would ever be able to get.
In February or March....I finally got myself in trouble with the law. That sure wasn't going to help....but my life was already a waste, so.....par for the course.
A couple weeks later, I was sitting at a gas station/convenience store. I see the woman's daughter pull into the gas pumps. For whatever reason, I said what the hell... what's a little humiliation added to the mess I was in already. So I went over to her and ask if I could call her....to my surprise...she said yes. Over the next couple months, we talked on the phone quite a bit...and went on dates. I was still in my "dont give a crap...its my turn" frame of mind...but we seemed to get along good...but hey, so did me and my first two wives. This one wasn't going to turn into anything....or last.
During our long talks on the phone, she to had expressed a desire to have a daughter...if she ever got married.

Flash forward to June 6th, 2000....D-day....seemed appropriate.
It was my court date....end of my freedom. She wanted to go with me to court. This was fine...I could tell her good bye.

On the way there, I told her....half jokingly...that if I somehow didnt go to jail, we could go to the J.O.P. while there....and get married. In my mind, I knew the marriage wouldn't work, but at least I would have a chance to get the daughter I always wanted....and hey....it was all about what I wanted....it was my turn. The marriage wouldn't work because I didnt deserve her...she was a doll....and would eventually come to her senses...and leave me. But....as long as I got a kid (hopefully a daughter) i really didn't care. Surprisingly, she said okay.

To my amazement, I didnt go to jail. After the trial, I ask her if she was serious about finding the JOP....she said yes....so we did.

Twenty-two years ago today.... through a strange turn of events, I married the love of my life. I didnt know it then, as I was in a different place. She has stood by me through more crap than anyone should have to endure. She turned me around....and probably saved my life. She also gave me something else.... tomorrow, our daughter will be 21. She has also given me a beautiful little boy. When I was at my lowest point in life, God blessed me in a way I never could have imagined...and I thank him ever day for it.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY!!!
Wiley
10 Point

Re: I think it was Feb or March of 2000...

Post by Wiley »

Not sure if all of it was but there's no doubt that some was His plan. God bless you!
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

Congratulations yall!
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

Congratulations!
I believe it is good for the younger generations to hear success can come after failure. Looking back, most all failures were bumps in the road. Some bigger bumps than others. They provide a good education for us all.
I knew a man that use to say... "well that gave me more education than a degree from Harvard and cost me a lot less."
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

Congrats to both of you, takes a lot of work to make it work, went through 1 dayvorce but been married over 37 years this time. Things happen for reasons lol
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Everything happens for a reason. Hang in there! God has a plan for all of us.
Longrange
6 Point

Post by Longrange »

Congratulations
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Great testimony well thats what I would call it and congratulations to you both .
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

What a story! Congrats to you both!!
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Swamper
8 Point

Post by Swamper »

Great story!! Cherish all the time!!!
Greet the day, make him gobble!!
MUP

Post by MUP »

Blessed indeed my friend!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

Awesome testimony, thank you. God puts the right people in our paths for a reason. God bless you both!
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou