Our church could use some prayers...

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

Our church could use some prayers...

Post by Jethro »

There is much more to this than in this article....but I cant say anything....or at least I dont think I should on an open internet forum. Im not named in the suit...and I would like to keep it that way.

https://www.wvlt.tv/2022/06/06/pastor-f ... sexuality/

Just please....keep our church in your prayers.
Shane37110
10 Point

Re: Our church could use some prayers...

Post by Shane37110 »

Prayers for yall. Are yall splitting off to the Global Methodist movement?
I left the United Methodist church 25 years ago because I saw this type of stuff take root.
I believe even the GMC will be too liberal for my liking
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Shane37110 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:03 pm Prayers for yall. Are yall splitting off to the Global Methodist movement?
I left the Methodist church 25 years ago because I saw this type of stuff take root.
I believe even the GMC will be too liberal for my liking
[/quote

I agree...
Last edited by Jethro on Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

That's UMC leadership for you. Might want to edit your response though in light of your first post
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Very , very sad !!

Dear Heavenly Father coming to your mighty throne of grace asking for one of our own's church mentioned here . Father this is an unknown request but you are all knowing so you know the problems . Please touch this church to heal it with your healing hand . Let Satan know you are still in charge Father. Giving you all the praise, glory and honor asking this petition in the precious mighty name of our Savior Jesus Christ amen.
Wiley
10 Point

Post by Wiley »

She said her sexuality wasn't relevant as long as she was celibate. I disagree wholeheartedly. I believe that any person that is other than heterosexual is an abomination upon mankind. That's my opinion, always has been and always will be.
The older I get the more I understand why roosters just scream to start their day.
MUP

Post by MUP »

"I was born into Methodism, and I love its commitment to inclusion and social justice,” she said. “The Methodists who I know love peace and are committed to service.”

This tells me what I need to know about this situation. Social justice and inclusion are not requirements for the church from a biblical perspective, as I know it. Sorry y'all are going thru this buddy.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Wiley wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:45 pm She said her sexuality wasn't relevant as long as she was celibate. I disagree wholeheartedly. I believe that any person that is other than heterosexual is an abomination upon mankind. That's my opinion, always has been and always will be.
And I agree as well. Homosexuality is an abomination in God's eyes.

https://www.shalach.org/Sin/Homosexulaity.htm
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

MUP wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:23 pm
Wiley wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:45 pm She said her sexuality wasn't relevant as long as she was celibate. I disagree wholeheartedly. I believe that any person that is other than heterosexual is an abomination upon mankind. That's my opinion, always has been and always will be.
And I agree as well. Homosexuality is an abomination in God's eyes.

https://www.shalach.org/Sin/Homosexulaity.htm
Amen , plain as day !!
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

I'm not always sure how some folks get into positions of guidance , looking at the name she probably aint from around here, maybe from the left coast ? sounds like time to find a new leader, not sure why a lawsuit is needed
rabbit

Post by rabbit »

There is a Methodist church here that broke away from the parent Methodist due to them accepting the practice of homosexuality and is now known as North Church instead of Northside Methodist. Prayers brother.
#FollowMeAndIWillBlessYou
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

mike243 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:24 am I'm not always sure how some folks get into positions of guidance , looking at the name she probably aint from around here, maybe from the left coast ? sounds like time to find a new leader, not sure why a lawsuit is needed
Mike the Umited Methodist Church is run much like the Catholic Church. They practice connectivism and this allows the the main church to help put smaller congregations that don't take in enough to cover expenses like the pastor's salary. The downside is also like the Catholic church a congregation has little say in choosing a new pastor. They get rotated out at the whim of the powers that be. Current UMC recruiting for pastors is woke and liberal as you can see. They really are on a mission to send as much wokeism out to little country churches like Jethro's. Also through connectivism just because a particular individual congregation may be overwhelmingly conservative doesn't mean they aren't supporting woke causes with the money they send in to the larger church organization because they have no say in what the money is spent on.
My old UMC congregation is currently going through the process of splitting and going to the supposedly more conservative GMC and they are going to have to pay in a couple of years worth of assessments and purchase the church building and property from the UMC. I think it would be better to just walk away and let that one wither on the vine. They would be better off starting from scratch and building a new church building and incorporating as a new entity.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

This isnt our church, but....in the news today.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local ... 61fb24cb56
Screenshot_20220608-092511__01.jpg
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Prayers being lifted for your church.

There is one fact that is sometimes overlooked. God calls his ministers,priest,preachers,bishops,and even popes. A man or woman may wish to be a preacher but will fail if God did not call them.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

caretaker wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:00 am Prayers being lifted for your church.

There is one fact that is sometimes overlooked. God calls his ministers,priest,preachers,bishops,and even popes. A man or woman may wish to be a preacher but will fail if God did not call them.
Amen brother preach it !! This is why there is so much turmoil in the church .
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

That is sad, very sad. I will be praying for all of you. Right is right when no one does it and wrong is wrong when everyone does it. The bible is very direct on what is right and wrong.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Planking
6 Point

Post by Planking »

"I was born into Methodism, and I love its commitment to inclusion and social justice,”

I was born into it as well. I left it because of its commitment to bring homosexuality into the church instead of its commitment to teach what the Bible says.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

I am baptist and I agree with you. GOD speaks against it in the King James bible.
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

If she is being celibate then why does she confess to being one who has sexual desires of the same sex ? Why confess if unless you are planning on indulging in this sin and cause you this undue turmoil ? The Bible indicates if you think of this type lust of sexual immorality it's the same as committing it in your heart . Some preachers needs to listen to their own sermons or at least study ALL of the Bible !