Noodles out again!

Huntaholic
10 Point

Noodles out again!

Post by Huntaholic »

I waited all last weekend expecting Sackett to tell me if he was coming or not but nary a peep so this weekend I took it upon myself to go get them out. I need more catfish for the freezer! I don't really expect to do as good this time around, water is hotter and I suspect the spawn is over but we will see what we got in the morning!
Huntaholic
10 Point

Re: Noodles out again!

Post by Huntaholic »

Well we had another pretty good day! 7 fish filled up 2 5 gallon buckets before cleaning. I MIGHT need one more round of catching like that and it should be enough to tide me over until next spring.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Huntaholic wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:38 am Well we had another pretty good day! 7 fish filled up 2 5 gallon buckets before cleaning. I MIGHT need one more round of catching like that and it should be enough to tide me over until next spring.
Sounds like a good haul. What are you catching....blues, channel, flat heads? Are you after anything specific....or just any catfish?
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Jethro wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:41 am
Huntaholic wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:38 am Well we had another pretty good day! 7 fish filled up 2 5 gallon buckets before cleaning. I MIGHT need one more round of catching like that and it should be enough to tide me over until next spring.
Sounds like a good haul. What are you catching....blues, channel, flat heads? Are you after anything specific....or just any catfish?
Channels with a random blue thrown in every once in a while. I aint ever and don't know of anybody EVER catching a flathead in cordell hull. They've got to be here, but NOBODY ever sees them.
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

Do you fish with live bait? Ive always caught flat heads on live bait.
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Jethro wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:14 pm Do you fish with live bait? Ive always caught flat heads on live bait.
Not anymore I don't, not down here anyway. When I first started running noodles down here I used live bluegill just like we do on center hill. Hardly caught a fish, very disappointed. I eventually switched over to using cut skipjack and we started catching fish.
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

I have had a lot going on. Trying to resolve some stuff. It isn't much fun but progress is gradual.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

Sackett wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:52 am I have had a lot going on. Trying to resolve some stuff. It isn't much fun but progress is gradual.
You my friend, have the patience of Job. Its not really worth the price of my sanity to drag things out that long.