Just for shiggles... 😂

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
Jethro
10 Point

Just for shiggles... 😂

Post by Jethro »

I like posting here, for threads I read somewhere else....you guess where. If you know the thread....join in....
In response to one I just read....

You should try an unsynchronized 13 speed, with hi/lo and a splitter....

As an aside....after years of driving with said tranny, I got in my dads bronco 2, with 5sp.....and damn near tore the transmission out of it trying to double-clutch.... 😂

Ive also tried to stomp the floor out of wife's car after driving my truck.... 😂
mike243
10 Point

Re: Just for shiggles... 😂

Post by mike243 »

Back when I was a young pup and hadn’t been driving long my uncle asked me to go with a customer and bring his wifes car back for service, the man pulls out in the road gets up to about 30-35 and slams the brakes on, I about shit a load, he starts laughing like a lunatic, finally settled down and said he was use to driving his old pu with 3 on the tree thats when I seen he had slammed it into park park when he braked lmao,
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

mike243 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:29 pm Back when I was a young pup and hadn’t been driving long my uncle asked me to go with a customer and bring his wifes car back for service, the man pulls out in the road gets up to about 30-35 and slams the brakes on, I about shit a load, he starts laughing like a lunatic, finally settled down and said he was use to driving his old pu with 3 on the tree thats when I seen he had slammed it into park park when he braked lmao,
😂 😂
I learned to drive in a 72 super beatle. Been driving some variation of a stick ever since.....with a few autos mixed in. Always interesting when I drive the wife's car... 😂
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

My backhoe has a shifter and “clutch” is a button on said shifter. When I first got I was bad about locking it up trying to change gears. Worst was when helper got in it and headed down the main road. He got the red light and when he went to take off he locked it up with several cars behind him. Nearly caused a wreck. For those that don’t know, it’s common to start out in 3rd and go to fourth once you get moving
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

JCodd wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:24 pm My backhoe has a shifter and “clutch” is a button on said shifter. When I first got I was bad about locking it up trying to change gears. Worst was when helper got in it and headed down the main road. He got the red light and when he went to take off he locked it up with several cars behind him. Nearly caused a wreck. For those that don’t know, it’s common to start out in 3rd and go to fourth once you get moving
What do you mean "locking it up"?
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

I’ve driven sticks the majority of my life. I learned n to drive in my dads Chevy luv lifted 4x4. I was 12. I would drive in the mountains in the snow. All alone! My Dad would be in prison if caught in today’s world!

I also drive his Semi across Nevada and Arizona when I was about 14/15.

I used to drive tanker trucks around the yard back in California, the hardest truck I had to figure out my was an “automatic” you used the clutch to take off and the truck would shift on its own from there. Man that piece of chit was touchy!! I had to drive a route one time because of lack of drivers. If I would have got caught that company would have been screwed sending a 24 year old kid without any commercial lic out on the streets like that. I was to young to tell be smart enough to tell them no. I thought it was cool!! Lol.

Jesus that was some serious dangerous stuff! Would have bankrupt many people!!
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Jethro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:44 pm
JCodd wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:24 pm My backhoe has a shifter and “clutch” is a button on said shifter. When I first got I was bad about locking it up trying to change gears. Worst was when helper got in it and headed down the main road. He got the red light and when he went to take off he locked it up with several cars behind him. Nearly caused a wreck. For those that don’t know, it’s common to start out in 3rd and go to fourth once you get moving
2 black marks in the turning lane locked up.

We were 400 yards away on a 4 lane busy road and heard it like he was beside us lol
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

JCodd wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:31 pm

We were 400 yards away on a 4 lane busy road and heard it like he was beside us lol
Not being familiar with that transmission, what was locking it up?
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Jethro wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:17 pm

The brakes
Jethro
10 Point

Post by Jethro »

JCodd wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:46 pm

The brakes
Aahhh, he was hitting the brake pedal (as the clutch) instead of using the button.... 😂
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Jethro wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:11 am
JCodd wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:46 pm

The brakes
Aahhh, he was hitting the brake pedal (as the clutch) instead of using the button.... 😂
Yep! We all did when we first got it lol