Enjoyable day

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
caretaker
10 Point

Enjoyable day

Post by caretaker »

Hunting buddy came over. We climbed on the ATV and rode up to the upper shack. We took our 22's to try and get a treerat or two. We sat in shack and shit the bull. Didn't get a shot at any treerats. Did hear a turkey. Then she walks out of the thick stuff. A year and a half old doe. She browsed around for a good 20 minutes. We kept waiting for a buck to follow her. She moved on off and no other deer came by. But we are happy because we have not seen anything but coons on our camera. We don't really have resident deer as they aren't hunted on the neighboring properties. We have to more or less catch then passin thru.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Shane37110
10 Point

Re: Enjoyable day

Post by Shane37110 »

Put out a mineral block and a food plot and they will come.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Shane37110 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:06 pm Put out a mineral block and a food plot and they will come.
Unless you don't get any rain. I bought seed and fertilizer this year to sow a plot. It hadn't rained in a while so I waited for a chance of rain before I planted. I got it planted and it hasn't rained a drop since. Still got bare dirt.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Shane37110
10 Point

Post by Shane37110 »

WG Taxidermist wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:56 pm
Shane37110 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:06 pm Put out a mineral block and a food plot and they will come.
Unless you don't get any rain. I bought seed and fertilizer this year to sow a plot. It hadn't rained in a while so I waited for a chance of rain before I planted. I got it planted and it hasn't rained a drop since. Still got bare dirt.
Man it's so dry here the ground is like digging through concrete. Supposed to rain tonight but I don't expect much.