A honest business

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
shootnmiss
6 Point

A honest business

Post by shootnmiss »

So our washing machine had the latch switch to go out. I ordered one and put it on yesterday. Stupid thang overfilled and flooded the floor. Well, I was pissed enough to say screw it, I'll buy another one. Went to a local used appliance store today after work. Picked out one I thought would work. Guy asked if he could help me. I told him which one I was buying and was telling him about the issue with the other one. This guy looks at me and says: Sir, I'll sell you one if you want, but I'd be stealing from you. Then he told me to check this little hose that's bout impossible to see. I shake his hand and leave. Come home, take the washer apart again and yep, hose was off like he said! I called over there and thanked them, and told them on count of that, I'd always do business when possible with them. Just had to share. In a world that has seemed to go to hell, there's still hope
I wanna go back to 1776 when men had balls and chicks didn't
Shane37110
10 Point

Re: A honest business

Post by Shane37110 »

I think in a case like that you should definitely share who and where that business is. Might be others here that need to trade with them.
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

shootnmiss wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:41 pm So our washing machine had the latch switch to go out. I ordered one and put it on yesterday. Stupid thang overfilled and flooded the floor. Well, I was pissed enough to say screw it, I'll buy another one. Went to a local used appliance store today after work. Picked out one I thought would work. Guy asked if he could help me. I told him which one I was buying and was telling him about the issue with the other one. This guy looks at me and says: Sir, I'll sell you one if you want, but I'd be stealing from you. Then he told me to check this little hose that's bout impossible to see. I shake his hand and leave. Come home, take the washer apart again and yep, hose was off like he said! I called over there and thanked them, and told them on count of that, I'd always do business when possible with them. Just had to share. In a world that has seemed to go to hell, there's still hope
Cool !
shootnmiss
6 Point

Post by shootnmiss »

Name is Brothers Wholesale in Attalla, Al
I wanna go back to 1776 when men had balls and chicks didn't
Sackett
8 Point

Post by Sackett »

If you got to a mom and pop store they will do that. Usually it is either that hose or the water mixing valve (where the hoses attach on the back) that will cause an over flow.
I am third generation in Furniture/appliance business since August of 1920.
In the end it is up to the man what he becomes, and none of those other things matter. In horses, dogs and men it is character that counts. Louis L'Amour in his novel, Chancy
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Cool
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Huntaholic
10 Point

Post by Huntaholic »

THAT is how a business or a man should be! Ive said it countless times, I wont ever be "rich" in the way this world measures, but I sleep good at night knowing I treat people right. Thats ALL that matters anyway!