Oak Ridge Hunt

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
caretaker
10 Point

Oak Ridge Hunt

Post by caretaker »

After being shut down for a few years my hunting buddy and I did the Oak Ridge hunt this past weekend. We went in by boat. Still it was a bit of a walk for a 71 year old codger with a heart condition. My hunting buddy is a great guy. He helped me and waited for me to rest . I did get overexerted and over heated and kinda sick to my stomach a couple of times but we did it. I didn't have any angina until yesterday morning. We were going to hunt here and I started to get on the ATV and I just sat down on the running board and took a nitro. My buddy was ready to take me to the hospital right then. I told no let's see what the nitro does. I eased off in a few minutes. I told him to take the ATV and go ahead and hunt I was going to sit in the recliner for a while. I hunted yesterday evening and am sitting in my blind now. It is great to have a hunting,fishing, and getting in trouble buddy that accept your limits. I'll help him anytime!!
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Oak Ridge Hunt

Post by caretaker »

I didn't get a deer but did see a momma bobcat and her kittens. My buddy got a doe. Would I do it again ?
Heyal ya!
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: Oak Ridge Hunt

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Even though you didn't get a deer it sounds like you had a great experience except for the over excerted part.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt