Savage/McGowan

Smokeless Powder Only
Wild Bill
10 Point

Savage/McGowan

Post by Wild Bill »

HillBill built me a rifle off of a savage MLII last fall. The gun shoots 250gr TC bonded bullets really well sabotless. Scat and I are going to size some barnes 250tez bullets next week and try them. I really like the barnes bullets they are flat out deer killers. Do any of you guys shot barnes in your MLs and how do you like them.
Bow Hunter
Spike

Re: Savage/McGowan

Post by Bow Hunter »

I haven't shot any yet but I'm going to give them a try.
Only you can change it.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Well Scat and I resized some Barnes 250tez bullets and went to the range. They shot lights out except for one flyer I had a 5 shot group that was one ragged hole. Probably going to be my hunting bullet this season.
scat
8 Point

Post by scat »

That thing is a tack driver. Those west TN deer will never know what hit them from 200 or 300 yards away. :D
Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

8-) I will end up with a 45 barrel or a handi rifle before the 16-17 season . I want to wring this 50 cal out this year. I was off to a great start last year and broke the scope on the oakridge hunt. that cost me a buck the next morning as I backed up to a shot gun :cry:
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Would have like to been with you on that O.R. hunt but had family to take care of. I didn`t hunt but two days last season .Iffin the crick don`t rise or Hell freezes over I`ll be back this season. May even upgrade the scope on my wolf.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets