Re: Elk Camp Menu 2014

Post by Inkstainz »

I'll say? How do you not weigh 300+?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

Well that makes sense, have to replace all the calories you burn. Where do you keep the food?

Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

Thanks for the info Kevin

Bucky

Post by Bucky »

My money is on Curtis. Hmm. Well considering your age old man. :lol:
poser
Button

Post by poser »

Dang, that's a big load to haul across the country! I'm taking a 40 lbs pack of camping gear ad food and a weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

poser wrote:Dang, that's a big load to haul across the country! I'm taking a 40 lbs pack of camping gear ad food and a weapon.

that should be interesting

poser
Button

Post by poser »

Inkstainz wrote:
poser wrote:Dang, that's a big load to haul across the country! I'm taking a 40 lbs pack of camping gear ad food and a weapon.

That it will. As an inexperienced elk hunter with no opportunity to scout, I figure going nomadic is my best chance. That way I can cover enough ground over a weeks time to maybe find some elk rather than walking back as forth to a fixed base or spike camp. If I run into other hunters or outfitters, I'll just move along.

My other strategy, and I may regret this, is to hunt some of the steepest terrain around, in the hopes of running into less pressure. We'll see what happens.

Over the last year and a half, I slowly retooled most of hunting gear into ultralight backpacking gear. Gear upgrades aside, the whole trip is going to cost me about $850, which is a bargain compared to what most people spend. If it takes me a couple of years to figure it out, I will have spent about what a typical hunter spends on one hunt through a outfitter.

Using Tapatalk
Inkstainz
8 Point

Post by Inkstainz »

poser wrote:
Inkstainz wrote:

That it will. As an inexperienced elk hunter with no opportunity to scout, I figure going nomadic is my best chance. That way I can cover enough ground over a weeks time to maybe find some elk rather than walking back as forth to a fixed base or spike camp. If I run into other hunters or outfitters, I'll just move along.

My other strategy, and I may regret this, is to hunt some of the steepest terrain around, in the hopes of running into less pressure. We'll see what happens.

Over the last year and a half, I slowly retooled most of hunting gear into ultralight backpacking gear. Gear upgrades aside, the whole trip is going to cost me about $850, which is a bargain compared to what most people spend. If it takes me a couple of years to figure it out, I will have spent about what a typical hunter spends on one hunt through a outfitter.

seems like a, solid plan

in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

Sounds like a lot of fun poser. Should make for a great adventure, animal or not
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε

TnRiverRat
Button

Post by TnRiverRat »

DeerSlayer wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun poser. Should make for a great adventure, animal or not
It's lots of fun...until you get one of those big sob's on the ground. Then it's straight up work for a couple of days.

Sent from my Samsung pocket domaflotchy using Tapatalk