My onest and ownlyest Hawg Hunt

caretaker
10 Point

My onest and ownlyest Hawg Hunt

Post by caretaker »

Don`t rightly remember what year it was but the white tail ll compound bows had just come out. My brother talked me into buying one as he had already bought one and got me all fired up with talk about being able to take a doe during bow season. now this sounded good to me as I had been seeing far more doe than I had bucks. So we began to target practice with those bows.Actually we got fairly good at shooting target with them.

So the big day came. We went up to a farm owned by one of my brothers co workers. This farm included a area that butted up against a former bird sanctuary. Also it was bordered by some former strip mines. We had permission to hunt those properties also. We had hunted here before so we were ready. We got to the farm and had a cup of coffee with the property owner.He told us that if we saw any yotes ,ferral dogs or hogs to shoot them. We said ok but asked about the hogs.We had not heard of hogs being inb that area before. He said the hogs were not a problem yet but he had heard about them being on property in the area.We said we would keep an eye out for them.

We headed into the woods. We split up and planned to meet up and hunt an area together just before sunset. Hunted most of the day. Saw a few deer and actually loosed a few arrows. Now hittin that target and sneakin up on and shootin a deer with a bow and arrow proved to be two entirely propositions. My brother faired no better than I did. We met up and were walking to the place we intended to hunt together on the way out.

We are walking along we my brother looses an arrow. I look and don`t see a deer. Uh-O he has stuck a sow. She ain`t dead. She is only hurt and mad. She see`s us and she and her brood of 1/2 grown demons are coming at us.
Now I don`t know how the Good Lord grew that tree under me as fast as he did but I am eternally grateful to him. As to this my brother always disagreed. He said I let out a rebel yell and charged through those hogs and climbed that tree. Now I know that is a lie. I was too busy stopping other bodily functions to move.

So there we sat me in one tree and my brother in another. Those hogs ran back and forth between us every time we spoke. My brother kept yelling at me to shoot them. I kept yelling back I ain`t got no gun. This went on for a couple of hours when we heard an atv. The land owner got concerned about us as it was dark and decided to check on us as he knew where we were suppose to be. The land owners son jumped off the atv and put a killing bow shot in the sow and a piglet. The others scattered.

I did not climb down out of that tree until the sow was loaded on the atv. My brother marched over to me and punched me in the chest. Why didn`t you shoot them he demanded. With what I shot back. He then grabbed my bow with full quiver of arrows from my hand and showed it to me. He had used up his arrows. now you know why I
don`t care to go on a hog hunt.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Redhunterz71
8 Point

Re: My onest and ownlyest Hawg Hunt

Post by Redhunterz71 »

Lol that's funny.