Acorn report

Diehard
10 Point

Acorn report

Post by Diehard »

I haven't done a lot of checking, but I'd did check my sawtooths over on the plateau.

The trees were planted five years ago and they have acorns about the size of peas on them now. I hope to get out and check some white oaks at different elevations in the next week or two.
Suck it up.....buttercup!
Phil1979
10 Point

Re: Acorn report

Post by Phil1979 »

I haven't been out to check them. Find anymore producing good?
Diehard
10 Point

Post by Diehard »

Haven't had time to check yet. I hope to get out in the next week or so.
Redhunterz71
8 Point

Post by Redhunterz71 »

Not many of any type acorn in Bradley co. Went to Marion and seen some limbs that had blowed off in a storm and were covered in acorns mostly chestnut and red oak. White oaks had some to but they were all caps and not much acorn.
Diehard
10 Point

Post by Diehard »

I have noticed white oaks at low elevation in sheltered areas in Bradley county loaded with acorns. Not seeing much out away from the sheltered areas. I will have a report from Rhea county next week.
MUP

Post by MUP »

Just walked out and checked a whiteoak, red, and chestnut oak. The white has one or two pea sized acorns starting, but couldn't see anything on the others. This is in the valley, just at the base of the mtn. Don't know if you can see it or not, heck I barely could standing right at it.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Diehard
10 Point

Post by Diehard »

Not looking good on the southern Plateau. I saw zero white oak acorns, a few red oak acorns and a decent number of black oak acorns.

What is did see where small.