Plywood Question

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: Plywood Question

Post by WG Taxidermist »

If your wanting pressure treated you can at least double that price. I'm doing an in ground pool for a guy and priced some bc marine grade 3/4 plywood and it was $86 a sheet.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Are you putting it on the outside of one of those little metal carports buildings?
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

Use 4x8x1/2 OSB for sheathing. You can paint it or wrap it with Tyvek or another house wrap before you put the siding up.
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Post by in the dog house! »

^^^^ This and then put some masonite 12" lap siding on it.
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε

Diehard
10 Point

Post by Diehard »

Phil1979 wrote:Use 4x8x1/2 OSB for sheathing. You can paint it or wrap it with Tyvek or another house wrap before you put the siding up.

This. The OSB sheathing is actually rated for that exact use. It will stand up to more water than regular plywood will. Of course, if you are going to put siding on it, water won't be an issue. Talk to them at the commercial sales desk and they will put you with the right product. Item number 12214 at lowes. Runs $12.77 a sheet.
Suck it up.....buttercup!
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Diehard wrote:
Phil1979 wrote:Use 4x8x1/2 OSB for sheathing. You can paint it or wrap it with Tyvek or another house wrap before you put the siding up.

This. The OSB sheathing is actually rated for that exact use. It will stand up to more water than regular plywood will. Of course, if you are going to put siding on it, water won't be an issue. Talk to them at the commercial sales desk and they will put you with the right product. Item number 12214 at lowes. Runs $12.77 a sheet.
Dang that's high! I'm getting it for $8.50 a sheet at my local lumber yard.

Theodore Roosevelt
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

WG Taxidermist wrote:
Diehard wrote:

Definitely price out one or two lumber yards. Box stores are high on lumber. You will save money at lumber yard. Now keep in mind someone who buys from the lumber company all the time gets a better price than someone who walks in the door most of the time.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

That's a good point.

Theodore Roosevelt
Diehard
10 Point

Post by Diehard »

Phil1979 wrote:
WG Taxidermist wrote:
Diehard wrote:
Definitely price out one or two lumber yards. Box stores are high on lumber. You will save money at lumber yard. Now keep in mind someone who buys from the lumber company all the time gets a better price than someone who walks in the door most of the time.

The 7/16 OSB is only $7.85.....this is the thicker stuff. If you find it cheaper, Lowes will take 10% off the competitors price and sell it for that. I doubt you will find it cheaper. They pay people to make sure they match the lowest price around, and once one store learns it is lower somewhere else, all the stores mark it down to match the lower price.
Suck it up.....buttercup!
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

Curtis, can you not just buy some extra metal to go to the ground. That's what i am thinking of doing to mine
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

I got'cha buddy