MOLLE II shoulder straps and waist belt on Summit climber

scat
8 Point

MOLLE II shoulder straps and waist belt on Summit climber

Post by scat »

I have been using the MOLLE II shoulder and waist belt on my Summits for a few years now and one of the members is getting some so I thought I would post how I have mine installed and why. Typically, A Summit climber is carried cables down. I personally found this to be dangerous. While walking downhill, if you have to step over a log or something, the cables will hit the back of your calf causing you to fall Downhill. Not Good at all. Therefore I carry my Summits with the cables up but fully retracted.

I have both the waste belt and the shoulder straps on my golliath. One side of the seat must be removed from the climber in order to nest the upper and lower.

I have only the shoulder straps on my 180 MAX and DO NOT have to disconnect one side of my seat when nesting the upper and lower. Personally, I am every bit as comfortable carrying either stand as the waist belt doesn't really do much for me. The padded shoulder straps are where it's at IMO.

Notice that I have my backpack nestled into the stand with the backpack shoulder straps around the "V" part that grabs the tree and the bungee that goes behind your feet while climbing is holding the lower part of the backpack in place.

Joe Biden is just Hillary Clinton with a smaller cod.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Re: MOLLE II shoulder straps and waist belt on Summit climbe

Post by WG Taxidermist »

I need me some of those straps for mine! It looks alot more comfortable. I can relate to caring the stand the other way being dangerous. A couple year ago I was going off a pretty steep hill to get to a ridge on the other side one morning and my cables caught a root as I was going down. Needless to say I was flat on my butt and my smoke pole was laying at the bottom of the hill.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
ImThere
10 Point

Re: MOLLE II shoulder straps and waist belt on Summit climbe

Post by ImThere »

I wear my climbers down for the reason you wear yours up. I used to catch my cables on low hanging tree limbs.

the one and only "ImThere"
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored