Rain for the opener?

Members giving us the weather info
MUP

Rain for the opener?

Post by MUP »

What are the rain chances for SE Tn BSK? The locals are saying a wash out for Sat, but I'm seeing other forecasters saying it may be over by late Fri. What's your assessment from the models you're watching?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
BSK
10 Point

Re: Rain for the opener?

Post by BSK »

Current models indicate it will be over by late Friday.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
MUP

Post by MUP »

Awesome! I'm still taking Monday off from work, just in case! :D
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Latest model runs depict the front slowing down and hanging on it southeastern TN into opening morning. I'll keep an eye on future runs to see if that changes or sticks.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
MUP

Post by MUP »

Dang, thanks Bryan. I think hourly updates are in order for this week anyway. :D
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Unfortunately, multiple models are now suggesting the rain will still be hanging on in southeastern TN for opening morning, but pushing out mid-day.

caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Wal, the forecast today is for a dollars worth (100 cents worth) of rain fer Saturday.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Yup, models are consistently showing rain in the southeastern part of the state for at least the first half of Saturday and maybe most of the day. In addition, the latest run now shows a Low pressure system developing near the Gulf and drifting straight north into eastern TN on Monday, bring rain to the eastern half of the state.