Road KIll

Serious hunters reside here
Hunting Man
Button

Road KIll

Post by Hunting Man »

How many use road kill as a indicator of what stage the rut is in ?? I've been seeing a lot more road kill in the last week.Mostly does a couple of Bucks and a lot of coons and skunks.I've seen Bucks chasing each other twice from my living room window.I live in the country. Rarely see bucks in the daytime but get plenty of trail cam pictures of them at night.I think it looks like mostly pre rut activity around here. BSK hunts right across the river from me over the years it seems like Benton county deer where I hunt follows pretty much right along with his reports. Except the southern end of the county seems to lag behind by a week or two.I think it's looking good for M.L, in the next few weeks.
Phil1979
10 Point

Re: Road KIll

Post by Phil1979 »

Seen a few road kills, but not a bunch. It's been a slow juvi weekend for sightings here.
Deerbuster
10 Point

Post by Deerbuster »

Seeing a lot of small bucks and a few does. I say it won't be to long until the big boys get after it.
GO LSU
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

By now I have usually seen a couple of road kill deer along edgemore going into Oak Ridge. I have seen none.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Lost Lake
10 Point

Post by Lost Lake »

On the way back home from west to middle, I counted a lot of dead deer and "smears" along I 40 opening weekend of rifle.

Usually a good indicator for me.
A man is best measured not by what motivates him, but what it takes to stop him.