Went to the range

caretaker
10 Point

Went to the range

Post by caretaker »

Met up with Mike243 this morning and took my new toy to the range. All I got to say is the rifle does a whole lot better than the operator. I let Mike have the honor of the first shot. Bulls eye. My first shot 4 inches low. My second shot bulls eye. This was at 50 yards. Moved on out to 100 yards. My first few shots scattered all over the paper. Mike take a shot bulls eye. I get ready to take another shot and notice Mike had adjusted the scope power up to between 8 and 9. I was still shooting with it set between 3 and 4. Started getting closer to bulls eye. Then I did what I usually do when I target practice. I started trying too hard tensed up and started getting frustrated with myself. Scattered shots everywhere. Walked away and smoked a cig. and cleared my head. Last three shots were in the kill zone. Mike took a couple of 200 yard shots while I was clearing my head. They were in the kill zone. I know I need range time with this rifle and will go back. This is a very nice shooter and the Nikon scope was good to go. Like I said the rifle will excel at it`s job if I do mine. It will be my go too this next season.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
MUP

Re: Went to the range

Post by MUP »

Nothing like range time with a buddy, especially with a new toy!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
mike243
10 Point

Post by mike243 »

we didn't have to touch the scope settings believe it or not,it came bore sited,my smokeless was hammering the bulls eye at 100y and the scope keep getting blurry so I reckon it bit the dust ,25-30 year old tasco has been great so I cant complain,the Nikon will be going back soon for the 2nd time :cry:
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Glad to hear you finally got to the range and put some rounds through it.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt