New Scope

Scopes, Binoculars, Cameras
Wild Bill
10 Point

New Scope

Post by Wild Bill »

Just ordered a new scope from camera land it a Meopta. Meo-pro 3.5x10x44. Anyone had any experience with this brand.
leader
Site Admin

Re: New Scope

Post by leader »

Bill I don't have one but hear good things....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

From what I've read, they are good scopes. I don't own one, but I've thought about it. Meopta is a Czech company. Their high end line is the MeoStar. Meopta came out with the MeoPro to compete with the Zeiss Conquest line, so I would expect performance comparable to a Conquest. Like the Conquest line, the MeoPro line is designed and engineered in Europe (Czech Republic) and assembled in the USA. Meopta also makes the Cabela's Euro line of optics. The Cabela's Euro riflescopes are basically Meopta MeoPro riflescopes.

I think a 44mm objective is a nice compromise between the more common 40mm and 50mm options that are typically available.

Camera Land is tough to beat for optics. Some of the deals they run are dangerous to the wallet. I'm eyeing a Conquest HD5 demo unit that they've got on a sale at a killer price. Must show restraint.....
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Dang it C.D. Not I have to go look at the Zeiss. I love my Zeiss scopes.
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

I am curious to hear how they compare and if one performs better than the other - especially in low light.
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

I know I bought a minox 3x15x HD and I guarantee you it won't come close to comparing to the Zeiss
3x15
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Scott you are turkey. You are just trying to stir the pot. :lol: :lol:
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

C.D. I will do a comparison and let you know. Only problem is my Zeiss 3.5x10 has a 50mm objective and this new scope is a 44. I have high hopes for this new scope but I kind of doubt it will stand up next to a Zeiss.
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

Give it a chance, Bill. I'm telling you - Meopta designed the MeoPro to compete with the standard Conquest line. The price points are very similar. Now, if you put the MeoPro up against a $2000+ Zeiss Victory, it will probably fall to its knees and beg for mercy. The MeoPro really should be able to hang with a standard Conquest (not a Conquest HD5).
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

In your opinion C.D. Is there a big difference between the Conquest HD5 and the standard Conquest.
Creeping Death

Post by Creeping Death »

I can't really say, Bill. Unfortunately, I don't own a Conquest HD5 yet. I have a regular Conquest 3-9x40 and a fixed power Conquest 4x32. I'm going to try and sell some things before I splurge on a HD5.

I do know a guy who had a regular Conquest that broke on him in the field. He sent it in to Zeiss and they told him they were no longer making that model in the regular Conquest line and that they would send him a Conquest HD5 in the same magnification range. Basically, he got upgraded to a HD5 for free. He told me that the HD5 was definitely an upgrade in performance, which you would expect since it costs a few hundred more than a regular Conquest.

The regular Conquest has the Zeiss MC lens coating. The Conquest HD5 has the Zeiss T* coating and LotuTec protective coating, which are improved coatings that Zeiss uses on it's high-end Victory line of scopes. The HD5 also has 5x magnification, which provides a really wide magnification range that you don't get in the regular Conquest line.

Today, Zeiss makes the regular Conquest in these models:

3-9x40 Rimfire
3-9x50
3.5-10x50
4.5-14x50
6.5-20x50
3-12x56

They make the Conquest HD5 in these models:

2-10x43
3-15x42
3-15x50
5-25x50
Wild Bill
10 Point

Post by Wild Bill »

Thanks again for the info. I did not know Zeiss was still making the 4.5x14x50. I have never looked thru a really high end Zeiss. They are probably amazing. If I had the money Zeiss is the only scope I would own.
Beardsnbones
Button

Post by Beardsnbones »

Hey Wild Bill what is your final thoughts on that meopro you ordered from cameraland? I am looking at that same scope. I found the 3.5x10x44 for $350.