Republicans are...

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
leader
Site Admin

Republicans are...

Post by leader »

Dumbasses!!!

Like Trump or not he has polarized a lot of people who are fed up. When the writhing was on the wall and he was pulling away, did the party rally behind him and start his campaign toward Hilary, NO they continue to bash and sling dirt on him. Rubio is an also ran and he is running mud adds in FL. Ted Cruz is getting it handed to him and he is the loudest one saying Trump can't beat Hilary.
Seems to me if a month ago they would have taken their beats owns like men instead of like politicians they could have rallied behind Trump and start on winning the election. This late in the race it is ridiculous to be shouting to the masses Trump can't beat Hilary, people hear it enough and will start believing it.
And on the Trump side, stop going to liberal strong holds and having rallies. When the animals come out and protest and get beat down it makes the right look bad.
JMO, it SUX we are going to have 8 more years of liberal crap...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
MUP

Re: Republicans are...

Post by MUP »

I was about to post about the Chicago rally. I saw animals, push literally coming to shove. Regardless of which "pub" candidate we support, if these liberal slime balls want to start this physical attack then I believe they will lose, and lose more than they're closed mind can fathom. Go ahead liberal thugs, honest patriotic Americans are fed completely up with your BS attempt to have the rest of us pay for your sorry asses. Rant dedinitely not over, just beginning I'm afraid.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

The protesters are out in mass especially in Chicago. They are feeling threatened. In fact they have been threatened. Donald Trump threatened their way of life by threatening/promising to bring jobs back to the U.S.A. This will upset their way of life. They will have no excuse to hollar my "titlemunts."
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Those who benefit the most from having a radical Leftist in power are going to react violently to whoever most threatens their power-base, which currently is Trump. if Trump were not there, they would be after Cruz.

But as for the electability of Trump, he's never polled above any Democratic challenger. He has a minority who supports him ardently, but he never has and never will have a majority who could elect him in a national election. He is too deeply despised and mistrusted to gather that majority.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

At this point, 23 of 50 states have voted and 42% of the delegates have been awarded.

Since Super Tuesday, 923 delegates have been awarded and Trump he's won 39.1% to Cruz's 36.4%.

Trump: 361

Cruz: 336

Rubio: 140

Kasich : 54

This is a close race between Trump and Cruz. There is still a lot of time left in this primary, and it's far too early for the party to rally around one candidate. They are still in the process of choosing their nominee. The real race against Hillary starts at the convention in August.

If this were a football game, it's 12 minutes into the second quarter and Trump is leading by a field goal.

BSK said it well. Hillary will destroy Trump. He's lived a public life for 40 years and there is lots of dirt on him... bankruptcies, shady business deals, Trump University, and ties with the mafia. Then there's the womanizing...andbragging about it. Hillary will capitalize on every bit of it.
farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

You are dead on about Rubio. He has no path to the 1,237 delegates needed.

Rubio Is still in this race for one of two reasons; Either he is secretly Donald Trump's best friend...

Or he is initiating the Mitt Romney plan and working with the establishment toward a brokered convention. Since Rubio called for his voters to vote for Kasich in Ohio, it appears Marco Is placing his White House ambitions on a brokered convention.

Regardless of reason, he is definitely pulling delegates from Ted Cruz. Analysts say Cruz will pick up 80% of his voters if/when he drops out. Something he clearly should have already done.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

To your point 68, Trump won't defer to other candidates and with his following who blames him.
But when the Trump train started gaining steam the Pubs could rally him.
Either way it's amazing to me the thought is Trump can't beat Hillary because of his public life but Hillary is electable with her marriage to Bill and history as SOS....

MUP

Post by MUP »

This riot could have been averted so easily. :)
Attachments
IMG955073.png
IMG955073.png (317.91 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Phil1979
10 Point

Post by Phil1979 »

Hahaha
huntinkev
10 Point

Post by huntinkev »

sadly it's probably true
farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

leader wrote:To your point 68, Trump won't defer to other candidates and with his following who blames him.
But when the Trump train started gaining steam the Pubs could rally him.
Either way it's amazing to me the thought is Trump can't beat Hillary because of his public life but Hillary is electable with her marriage to Bill and history as SOS....

If we are going to get behind a candidate this early based on his ability to beat Hillary, that candidate should be Ted Cruz. Polls have consistently shown Cruz being the only Republican beating Hillary in the general.

Dems will vote for a treasonous criminal such as Hillary because the great majority of them don't care about a candidate's character

The Republican base has some standards their candidate has to meet before they will turn out in numbers large enough to win. That's most likely why Trump doesn't poll well in the general election. Sure, he's winning now, but there is a ceiling on the percentage of R's who will vote for him.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Surely to goodness ALL Republicans cans would turn out to vote against 8 more years of the current atrocity. If not, their not very bright and possibly not Repub.....

farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

leader wrote:Surely to goodness ALL Republicans cans would turn out to vote against 8 more years of the current atrocity. If not, their not very bright and possibly not Repub.....

One would think they would turn out in large numbers this year, but history shows that the Republican base has to be motivated by their candidate. When Republicans have a conservative nominee, they win the White House.

I wouldn't say it means they are not Republicans when they don't turn out. I see it as a trait of Republicans And a somewhat admirable one at that.The base votes on principle. The frustrating part, and the part that has so many angry, is that the establishment power brokers know exactly what kind of candidate will motivate their base, but they are continually trying to push the party more and more liberal And that's why you see candidates like Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, John McCain, Mitt Romney, etc.
JonW
Button

Post by JonW »

I will not vote for Trump.

BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

farmin68 wrote:
leader wrote:Surely to goodness ALL Republicans cans would turn out to vote against 8 more years of the current atrocity. If not, their not very bright and possibly not Repub.....

One would think they would turn out in large numbers this year, but history shows that the Republican base has to be motivated by their candidate. When Republicans have a conservative nominee, they win the White House.

I wouldn't say it means they are not Republicans when they don't turn out. I see it as a trait of Republicans And a somewhat admirable one at that.The base votes on principle. The frustrating part, and the part that has so many angry, is that the establishment power brokers know exactly what kind of candidate will motivate their base, but they are continually trying to push the party more and more liberal And that's why you see candidates like Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, John McCain, Mitt Romney, etc.
What farmin68 said. Repubs are sort of between a rock and a hard place. They realize they need the growing Independent vote to win the general election, so they push a more moderate candidate. But when they've done that, the base doesn't show up.

The Republican base will never rally behind Trump, who just a few years ago was a screaming liberal, backing all their policies and candidates.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

JonW wrote:I will not vote for Trump.
I'm a right-leaning Independent, and I too would NEVER vote for Trump. Heck, I might vote for Satan himself before I would vote for Trump. Trump is a dangerous idiot. He has ZERO understanding of the world's problems or how our government works.

moondawg
Spike

Post by moondawg »

So when it comes down to Trump vs Hillary for President, who are you going to pick?

Which is the lesser of the evil?
farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

moondawg wrote:So when it comes down to Trump vs Hillary for President, who are you going to pick?

The best answer I can give right now is I'll probably leavethat up to the misdirected voters that nominated those two dangerous candidates.

Best statement on the campaign trail last week;
Trump and Clinton are two sides of the same coin. Trump made his billions buying politicians like Hillary, and she made her millions by selling out to people like Trump. - Carly Fiorina while stumping for Cruz
moondawg
Spike

Post by moondawg »

farmin68 wrote:
moondawg wrote:So when it comes down to Trump vs Hillary for President, who are you going to pick?

The best answer I can give right now is I'll probably leavethat up to the misdirected voters that nominated those two dangerous candidates.

Best statement on the campaign trail last week;
Trump and Clinton are two sides of the same coin. Trump made his billions buying politicians like Hillary, and she made her millions by selling out to people like Trump. - Carly Fiorina while stumping for Cruz
So you would'nt vote at all if it came down to those two?

Honestly, I don't know who I'd vote for. Probably Trump. I have a feeling that one is almost just as bad as the other.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

To each their own, but I just totally disagree with someone not voting because they did not get their way(candidate).

BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

Neither. I wouldn't vote. I couldn't look at myself in a mirror knowing I had voted for either of them.

BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

leader wrote:To each their own, but I just totally disagree with someone not voting because they did not get their way(candidate).
It's not about "not getting my way." It's about being responsible for putting dangerous people in positions of power. I won't do it.

farmin68
4 Point

Post by farmin68 »

BSK wrote:
Neither. I wouldn't vote. I couldn't look at myself in a mirror knowing I had voted for either of them.
About 60% of Republicans and independents have similar feelings about Trump. His ceiling with Republican voters is 35-40%. That hasn't changed in polling or in the elections, and it isn't going to change Trump also has some of the highestnumbers we've seen in decades.

But it's ok...The heck with good information, Trump voters "have a feeling" that he can beat Hillary.

A large segment of Americans need to read up on the dangers of charisma.
Last edited by farmin68 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunter_Mike
Button

Post by Hunter_Mike »

leader wrote:To each their own, but I just totally disagree with someone not voting because they did not get their way(candidate).

This is why we have had Obama for 8 years, because Pubs don't vote when the candidate is the one they don't like.

A lot of people are voting for Trump, because he is "not a politician". I fear that if Cruz wins the election, they won't vote for him, because he is a politician.

Meanwhile the Dems will vote for whoever has a D next to their name.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Hunter_Mike wrote:

This is why we have had Obama for 8 years, because Pubs don't vote when the candidate is the one they don't like.

A lot of people are voting for Trump, because he is "not a politician". I fear that if Cruz wins the election, they won't vote for him, because he is a politician.

Meanwhile the Dems will vote for whoever has a D next to their name.
Summed up my thoughts...

BSK,

Wasn't directed toward anyone and that may have not been the words I needed to use.

But by not voting to not put a dangerous person in office, you're basically putting a far more dangerous person in office(see Obama).

I hate talking politics, jmo...