Well, let's hear it...

MUP

Well, let's hear it...

Post by MUP »

Your set up for the opener. ;)
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Tennessee Lead
10 Point

Re: Well, let's hear it...

Post by Tennessee Lead »

Probably have a Stihl MS 290 in my hand looking for that perfect oak to start on
in the morning then the evening "set" (I cringe when the wannabes use that) will be in my recliner with my remote in hand watching TN skull drag FU #WHWTFA
"A hunt based only on the trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be" - Fred Bear
MUP

Post by MUP »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Skull drag! :lol: I hope they just trash them, but I'm not too sure they can overcome the weak O line. Fla QB being out helps, but still not sure on this one.
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
MUP

Post by MUP »

I've been watching the forecast...change, then change back, then change again. But, if the wind direction is from the NNE moving to N and then to West, I need to get out and work on two of my remaining stand loc's that will be good for that wind. Looks like I may be out in the hot evening heat today or tomorrow trying to get them ready. :x
jim37870
Button

Post by jim37870 »

Mathews MQ32. Had it for years I still like the way it feels better than the newer ones. 100 Grain muzzy.
I haven't been practicing as much this year as I have been instructing. I have a eight year old girl and a
seven year old boy that are both wanting to shoot. I bought both of them the Diamond Atomic bows they
are doing pretty good. I am confident enough I COULD shoot out to 50 yards, but I won't. LOL
I was laying on my back wondering, " why is that ball getting bigger"? and then it hit me.
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Barnett with 100 grain muzzys. Looking forward to it long as i dont have to work and it isn't 100 degrees.

Sent from somewhere in the sticks using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Don`t bow hunt and will continue with the feeders until 10 day before smokepole.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
Deerbuster
10 Point

Post by Deerbuster »

Horton xbow shooting 85g nap thunderheads
40 yards. Never had to shoot one over 30yards.
GO LSU
MUP

Post by MUP »

Really wanted to hear more about everybody's set up as far as where and how. I hope to be just under the break of a very tall knob, in a hickory tree believe it or not, that's surrounded by whiteoaks. This is one of my perimeter stand locs, as I don't intrude on the interior of my property until ML season. Although I'm sure it is intruded upon by others :x I opt to stay away from my best stands until I can reach out and touch them, and would rather not lay down a scent trail for several days of bow hunting before I can enter in fresh, with bullet and powder. ;)
jim37870
Button

Post by jim37870 »

Oh ok, have 5 stands 4 minutes away from the house. Four of them
on the perimeter of a large field one , I am happy to say is 25 yards
away from two big white oaks that are loaded with acorns. It is in a
strip of timber about 20 yards wide. The rest of the timber was logged
last year right before bow season. I am putting one stand where a mobile
home was sitting and has since grown over into a thicket. I saw a nice
rub on a 4 inch sapling last year. This is also a narrow band connecting two woodlots.
I was laying on my back wondering, " why is that ball getting bigger"? and then it hit me.
ImThere
10 Point

Post by ImThere »

Middle of a 20acre wood lot chiqipinns to the right and left!!!!!!!! I see 6 bucks last year out of this tree I hope they all grew UP out and WIDE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tree Saddle hunters_R_us on Tapatalk bored
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Sitting in my lock on watching the clover strip in front and the wheat to my immediate left. The white thing at the top is a barn. That's my gun perch. I won't bow hunt much to keep from pushing them. If I bump deer I may not be back till juvenile. https://vimeo.com/183761064
Stand is roughly at the 27 second mark on the left. Shooting an old school Mathews ultra 2 with G5 t3 broad heads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MUP

Post by MUP »

The property adj to our back line was clearcut 2 yrs ago. I have two stands back along the backside of our place, and now I have a woodline to hunt just inside of! I didn't see much last year, as that's where most of the trespassers come thru at, but I'm hopeful this year that it will be booming with activity.
jim37870
Button

Post by jim37870 »

This is where I will hunt most. The different colored dots
are stand locations. The adjoining neighbors property
is on the other side of the yellow line and it was logged
last year. Our property goes on past the image on the
upper left hand part of the screen. It is also a narrow band.
Attachments
hunt.jpg
hunt.jpg (286.84 KiB) Viewed 5620 times
7mminatree
8 Point

Post by 7mminatree »

Going to ground hunt with the Excalibur xbow. Sitting just under the ridge top where two logging roads intersect. Lots of acorns dropping just off the rim of the ridge. Seen lots of deer poopoo on the logging roads. Think I'll set until the gnats and flies get going around mid morning, then I think I'll be done.