Fresh jam!

BirdDog525
10 Point

Fresh jam!

Post by BirdDog525 »

We picked a bunch of strawberries today at a farm down the road. Cant get any fresher than that! Maybe this will last Inthedoghouse til next year!
Attachments
php0q2JyVPM.jpg
php0q2JyVPM.jpg (96.96 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
Steward.of.HIS.Land
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Fresh jam!

Post by caretaker »

Oh wow that looks good. I haven`t put up any jams in a long time. Had my own grape vines and strawberry patch plus peach, pear and apple trees. Got sick with heart problem and stroke and was more or less forced to sell the place or loose it. I pray you and Chip are successful with yours.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
BirdDog525
10 Point

Post by BirdDog525 »

caretaker wrote:Oh wow that looks good. I haven`t put up any jams in a long time. Had my own grape vines and strawberry patch plus peach, pear and apple trees. Got sick with heart problem and stroke and was more or less forced to sell the place or loose it. I pray you and Chip are successful with yours.
So sorry that you lost that place CT!
I love to make jams! When I had more time, I used to search the fields for blackberries, and come out bags full (and purple fingers and tongue!) and make tons of jam for everyone. I think a lot of canning and stuff like that is becoming a bit of a lost art... especially with my stupid generation! lol
Steward.of.HIS.Land
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

I haven't had homemade jam since my grandmother died. That looks great!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I was told this evening that my mother in law bought 4 gallons. Not sure how much that'll make but she makes some awesome freezer jam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk