Marches, Protest and Riots

caretaker
10 Point

Marches, Protest and Riots

Post by caretaker »

I grew up in a segregated society. Separate schools,churches and even stores. Yep, that`s right back when I was a kid there was a grocery store on the corner of Clinton Hwy. and Merchants rd. called the white store. Although it was the name of the store owners and not the store policy many people including blacks thought it was for white people. I remember the protest marches of the sixties. George Wallace getting shot and Martin Luther King getting shot. I remember meeting my first black kids in high school. Then serving with black guys in the army.I had a black platoon leader. Later I worked with blacks both as their boss and them as mine. As I look back yes I can see the inequality and the struggle. I also see the achievement from desire and hard work. I have also encountered other races and ethnic groups along he way. Heck, I wanted to marry a Vietnamese girl named "Snow" but her family said it could not be because I was not Vietnamese. I have a good friend who is of Hispanic heritage and his family has been American for 9 or 10 generations. I don`t understand all the rioting. I can understand protesting and maybe even a "Peaceful" protest march. I will say this "IF" you want to get my attention and support dont be a fair weather rioter. Go out in the worst weather you can find. Hurricanes,Blizzards, Electrical Storms Sleet, Freezing Rain, Snow 40 below temperatures and do your rioting. Then maybe you will get my attention. Not my support but my attention. I realize from looking at my own ancestry that like my ol dog I am a mutt. My people came from who the heck knows where. It doesn`t matter what does matter is they came here legally to build. To fulfill a dream through "HardWork".
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
leader
Site Admin

Re: Marches, Protest and Riots

Post by leader »

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
in the dog house!
Site Admin

Re: Marches, Protest and Riots

Post by in the dog house! »

Great post CT
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plan

Μολων λαβε