Youth hunt

sdw
10 Point

Youth hunt

Post by sdw »

Anyone taking a kid on the youth hunt this year? It's Bailey's last year to be able to hunt the youth weekend in Alabama. I'm sure going to miss it! It's always the most exciting weekend of the season for me. She's never killed one on the youth hunt. She's killed 3 deer and all were within a week of opening day (the week after the youth hunt). I sure hope she kills a good one on her last youth hunt this year. I can't believe my baby girl has grown up so fast. This is her last one. She caught this spike crossing a field and decided to give him a ride in the truck.
caretaker
10 Point

Re: Youth hunt

Post by caretaker »

Yep, kids grow up too many too fast. Enjoy as much time with her as you can. She sure looks happy in that pic. Don`t reckon I`ll be taking a kid on a youth hunt.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

My kids really show little
Interest in it. I will take them hunting if they want to go but never ends up on the youth weekend.
Pretty girl you got there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
MUP

Post by MUP »

Heck yea I'll be taking my daughter Lord willing! She got her first doe last season on opening day of Juvy season, but she's wanting a buck now, so my work is cut out for me! Extremely hard to get a young'un a shot at a deer in thick wooded areas with no real open areas for a good clean shot I tell ya!
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.