About the confederate battle flag...
20170816_210207.png
20170816_210207.png (158.03 KiB) Viewed 486 times
War Eagle!
caretaker
10 Point

Re: I thought this was pretty interesting

Post by caretaker »

I have done some study on the different flags that were used by the Confederate States of America. Here is a link to the best info I have found.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_ ... of_America
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
BSK
10 Point

Post by BSK »

I'm partial to the early Bonnie Blue Flag. I used to fly a miniature version of it on my desk when I worked for the federal government. No one knew enough history to know what it represented, hence I didn't get in trouble like I would have if I had flown the Battle Cross.
"Know where you stand and stand there" Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into" Jonathan Swift
MUP

Post by MUP »

BSK wrote:I'm partial to the early Bonnie Blue Flag. I used to fly a miniature version of it on my desk when I worked for the federal government. No one knew enough history to know what it represented, hence I didn't get in trouble like I would have if I had flown the Battle Cross.
I'd venture to say that no matter if someone knew what it represented, or not, nowadays they'd be offended by it BSK. Some folks would find reason to be offended and protest your flag regardless of whether they knew what it really stood for or not. :(
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.