How did this happen

Pretty much anything you want to talk about
caretaker
10 Point

How did this happen

Post by caretaker »

Many moons ago my niece decided to remodle the bathroom. Her mom's boyfriend was doing the work. He tore out all the tile and sheet rock leaving bare studs. Ok, I was told to sit down and shut up when I objected and tried to save work and money. Wal, the job stalled out. Lack of funds. Then niece got her an apartment with her roommate. I have been living with plastic taped over the wood studs for several months. Now my sister takes over and is getting the project restarted. I still aint got any say in it but somehow they spent $550 dollars in two days. $300 of which is my money. I have been promised my money back but I think it will take longer than this project.Oh, they havent got a clue as to how to turn off the water and replace the stem seals on the tub faucets that are leaking. I had to go borrow IB's truck to haul the sheetrock, new tub and vanity. I will be doing the plumbing end of it looks like sense they dont have a clue. For an obsolete old codger that was told to sit down and shut up I am now saving their asses.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
huntinkev
10 Point

Re: How did this happen

Post by huntinkev »

usually the way it goes. The one with the money and the know how gets sidelined until there is a mess and then they have to come in and fix everything.

Hopefully you get it going shortly.
leader
Site Admin

Post by leader »

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
bowhunter5.901
10 Point

Post by bowhunter5.901 »

CT you oughta know that ole codgers like us always draw the short straw. Been there many a time. Told to mind my own business then later asked to bail'em out. The problem is simply this: no one wants or will take responsibility any more. They want the easy way out. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
snakester50
10 Point

Post by snakester50 »

Hope it works out for you .
WG Taxidermist
Site Admin

Post by WG Taxidermist »

Sounds about right! Hopefully it works out!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president.

Theodore Roosevelt