Options

leader
Site Admin

Options

Post by leader »

Reading other post I see clover and Oates as a possibility for Aug/Sept planting. What else can be planted other than winter wheat then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only dumb questions are those never asked!!!!
Creeping Death

Re: Options

Post by Creeping Death »

Brassicas like turnips. They will sweeten up at the first good frost and be a late-season draw. Need to plant 60-90 days before the first expected killing frost. I don't think Brassicas are as reliable at attracting whitetail as clover and oats.
tn_droptine
Button

Post by tn_droptine »

I like to throw some Australian winter peas in my fall mixes too - my deer seem to enjoy it.

If you want an early bow season draw, its hard to beat some August planted soybeans, deer will pass right over the other stuff to go much on some young soybeans.
TNHunter's long-range sniper, shooting out posts from across the big pond
MCT
Spike

Post by MCT »

Creeping Death wrote:Brassicas like turnips. They will sweeten up at the first good frost and be a late-season draw. Need to plant 60-90 days before the first expected killing frost. I don't think Brassicas are as reliable at attracting whitetail as clover and oats.
I have sat on stand on many a early bow season afternoon and watched groundhogs destroy the brassicas in my plots.