45-70 smokeless build??

Tngrizzly_

45-70 smokeless build??

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

Well guys you have them for a season or two, how are you liking it? Would you do it again?
GOD, Family, and the Great Outdoors. What more can a Man Want
JCodd
10 Point

Re: 45-70 smokeless build??

Post by JCodd »

I’ve done it twice. Absolutely I’d do it again!
caretaker
10 Point

Post by caretaker »

Mine took my only deer last season. I am really pleased with it. It is the CVA Hunter not the Scout I am so pleased with it in fact that I gave my CVA Wolf to a youngster.
I`m just here for the girl`s wet teeshirt and mud wrestling contest.

M.T. Pockets
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

I’ve owned 3 smokeless guns. 2 conversions and a custom. The custom is by far a better shooter and more horsepower. But the conversions for Tn deer hunting is perfect. I’ve not killed a deer with a rifle since I think 2017 or 2018. I’ve been done before muzzleloader is over.
hillbillyfab
Button

Post by hillbillyfab »

I sold my last one, a cva scout build. Only reason I sold it was I was offered more than I had in it, by someone that didn't want to wait for another one to be built. I've since found me another CVA single shot to build one again, but I've held off on doing it. Since they allow you to use a rifle during muzzleloader season in the CWD unit, I figure it's only a matter of time we will be allowed to do so in other units/parts of the state.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

I have been thinking about it, just waiting for the right deal I guess. 😂
MUP

Post by MUP »

Tngrizzly_ wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:08 pm I have been thinking about it, just waiting for the right deal I guess. 😂

How did the CVA Wolf turn out bud? Get a load worked up for it?
[Image We score trophies, but every hunt is, to some extent, a way of measuring ourselves.
Tngrizzly_

Post by Tngrizzly_ »

MUP wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:48 am
Tngrizzly_ wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:08 pm I have been thinking about it, just waiting for the right deal I guess. 😂

How did the CVA Wolf turn out bud? Get a load worked up for it?
I never bought a wolf yet, but I have to sale some stuff to buy my son one. I do have a optima that I use black horn powder in and not sure on the bullets, but it's great shooting ml.
Reloadxx
Button

Post by Reloadxx »

Who do you guys get to build your smokeless guns? I am wanting to build one out of a cva scout buy not sure where to go
JCodd
10 Point

Post by JCodd »

Reloadxx wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:59 pm Who do you guys get to build your smokeless guns? I am wanting to build one out of a cva scout buy not sure where to go
I had centerpunch USA do mine. Communication was horrible after I initially talked with him but he done great work. Jeff Hankins is another builder, I’m sure there are more guys that do it as well, I’m just not up to speed on it nowadays. I’m thinking there was someone in Maryville that was doing it for Hankins but I may be wrong.